User Tag List

Page 47 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    I really can't understand the rush for Arteta and why they'd pass up on so many candidates eligible for the role with way more experience. They must know something.
    Pretty much what NQ said, he will do as he is told and won’t come with any big demands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Make no mistake, the new guy is going to be the coach, not the manager in the traditional sense.

It's not just Wenger leaving, it's a complete change in management structure. This is where Gazidis earns his money.
    He (Gazidis) has been sacking people left right and centre so he and the new guys certainly have some kind of vision. I like what they have done so far, but they need to get the coach / team manager appointment right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Sounds like Mislintat's already taking care of it, and not waiting around for the new guy. I like this new way of doing things...
    Yeah I agree, he is in complete control of recruitment it seems.

P.S At least the transfer windows won’t be a mess like they have been the previous 10 years with us dragging out transfers all summer long due to Wenger’s principled stance on player valuations
    Last edited by selassie; 15-05-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yeah I agree, he is in complete control of recruitment it seems.
    We've got a Head of Recruitment who is widely referred to as 'Diamond Eye' - let the guy do his job and be glad he's doing it for us!

Honestly, I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can come up with for us - the whole 'Dortmund 2.0' idea is far more appealing to me than someone like Enrique coming in and rinsing 200m on players that I've already been watching for the last 5-10 years...

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chatter that Arteta's assistant would be Xabi Alonso.

I don't think there are any even slightly viable links on the Alonso part, especially as he is still up for tax fraud as far as I'm aware.

However, still interesting.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SSN 'Breaking News'.

Apparently we've made contact in the last 24 hours with Vieira but sees it nothing but a token gesture.

Also, a Pep suckfest is due from 10:15pm tonight on Sky Sports Main Event on a MNF Special but presumably, he'll be asked about Arteta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    True -- money is the only way we could attract those managers and it's possible after bringing in Raul and Sven that a role with reduced responsibility wouldn't command Wenger's current salary. Just trying to find positives, there's a possibility that the guy who had the balls to sack Wenger and bring in Dortmund's elite scout and Barca's chief negotiations man also had a long term plan on what sort of first team coach would fit the bill.
    Maybe that is the plan longer term. Next season has probably been earmarked for transition and a top 4 finish in which case Arteta sort of makes sense. If he achieves his goals he stays, but at the very least things should all be in place for a bigger name if Arteta can't handle it. If he really is the next big thing then we end up in a win-win situation. And the other two don't have their legs chopped off by a prima-donna pitching up. I'm not against this appointment at all, the more I think about it. Only the most unreasonable fan (even more unreasonable than me) will refuse to give him a season to make a mark, provided we aren't languishing in 16th by mid season.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Maybe that is the plan longer term. Next season has probably been earmarked for transition and a top 4 finish in which case Arteta sort of makes sense. If he achieves his goals he stays, but at the very least things should all be in place for a bigger name if Arteta can't handle it. If he really is the next big thing then we end up in a win-win situation. And the other two don't have their legs chopped off by a prima-donna pitching up. I'm not against this appointment at all, the more I think about it. Only the most unreasonable fan (even more unreasonable than me) will refuse to give him a season to make a mark, provided we aren't languishing in 16th by mid season.
    Think any new manager needs at least 18 months (3 windows, if he has a say) to show some promising signs. Even Klopp needed that at Liverpool. I'm excited for a change, and as GP says I think the probability of success also depends on Sven and Raul delivering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still going through the relief stage, which will hopefully be followed by excitement.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Betway have suspended betting on Arteta.....