User Tag List

Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, it's definitely wrong to judge Arteta's ability as a manager on what he was like as captain. His influence behind the scenes was understated for starters and we have no idea what was going on behind the scenes. Also, if you could tell a great manager from his playing days, Roy Keane and Tony Adams should have been great managers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should judge a person's ability as a manger on what he's like as a manager.
    And with Arteta we really don't know right now. Would prefer someone established.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll judge him at the end of the season.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    And with Arteta we really don't know right now. Would prefer someone established.
    I think we'd all prefer someone established but this is the situation we've found ourselves in.

No CL football, a bloated wage bill and not a lot of transfer fee dosh to just splash on a brand new team for the new guy. I'm sure the new guy will have money to spend but we can't really afford to rebuild as quickly as some of the bigger teams. We've also missed out on some really good managers. Klopp would have ticked all the boxes they're looking for. Not so much with Allegri.

We're in a bit of mess. They should have pulled the trigger on Wenger a lot sooner. But I have hope that we'll get out of it. It's not too late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'll judge him at the end of the season.
    At last that can be used as legitimate reasoning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here's my take on Arteta

At first I nearly spat my tea out when I heard Gazidis was seriously gonna put a guy with 0 managerial experience in charge of a European giant. We are competing in a league with Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho and Pochetinno. We need someone that will out think and out smart these managers, someone with bold ideas and someone that will take us to elite kind of tactics. Is Arteta really this guy?

I have my reservations. He has 0 experience as manager so it's a big risk. I don't buy into this idea he was a good player for us, he was bang average and I didn't see many leadership qualities.

On the other hand one article said he was the brightest candidate to come out of the coaching centre where wannabe managers gain their license and qualifications, so that's encouraging. Some have also said he's a no nonsense guy and that's what we need, someone to come in and shake things up instead of carry on the old goat's colney creche mentality.

The principle of taking a risk like this sums this club up. Only at Arsenal would we choose a guy with 0 managerial experience over a 4 time double winner. If we really wanted Allegri we could get him. Gazidis has no Wenger to hide behind anymore so if this doesn't work out I hope he clears off, regardless of the fact he's the reason Wenger isn't here anymore. Enough with the embarrassing, risk taking decisions at this club. There's absolutely no need to take such a massive risk especially at a time the fan base is divided. How they've come to the conclusion Rodgers is divisive but Arteta isn't I'll never know

If the champions league game against Liverpool is anything to go by where Pep was banished from the touchline and Arteta was in charge and didn't get up off his seat once, and City conceded 2 goals in that second half, then we're screwed.

Equally if we're midtable by November and the stadium is half empty, Arteta will get the chop.

And if this goes tits up every journalist and opposition fan will trudge the old 'told you the grass wasn't greener' line, and you know Wenger will be delighted with this appointment because it'll most likely go pear shaped so he'll be seen as some sort of god.

So all in all I don't really know what to make it

But Ivan better hope this works cause if it doesn't, he'll be next.
    Last edited by Cripps; 16-05-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we wanted to take a punt, we could have tried Marco Silva. We are like a man who needs heart surgery and decides to use the new doctor that graduated highest in Med school rather than someone who has actually opened up a live human before.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually new managers start at lower league clubs, not even a PL club so it does seem a bit ridiculous to appoint Arteta as manager.That said, Moyes and Allerdyce are available with managerial experience...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Good lord, I agree with you.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allegri wanted £200m for transfers, Enrique wanted a high wage.

Both Top managers with experience of winning countless trophies.

Both commanding some form of monetary expenditure to take the job.

So we look at the cheap option.

Don't get me wrong, Arteta 'could' turn out to be brilliant and lead us to new success. But he could could also be shit. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking this is some form of genius move by the club as it just smacks of penny pinching and hoping for the best.
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 16-05-2018 at 01:02 PM.