User Tag List

Page 64 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Alledgedly Gary Lewin was given the boot at the behest of Arteta, who blames him for his injury troubled final years with us.
    We must have a serious leaker at the club. Or else the media is pulling shit out of their holes and spreading it across paper. I wonder which it is?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikel’s Magic Hat View Post
    I don’t think you know what “journeyman” means.
    I know what it is, but I thought it was fitting to be honest, I know he didnt move to lots of clubs but my point was more that he was kinda average, didn't stand out in any particular way a middle of the road player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    How does Henry have the advantage when he’s the sort of player that can produce a solo effort to change the game? What if he doesn’t have players with that sort of mentality, physical or technical ability? What’s his reference point when a player feels he can’t live up to the legendary Thierry Henry? I don’t think it’s that easy to translate how he’d react and he’d see as player to the players he’s coaching. He’s said it himself. Look it up. Respect goes out of the window quickly if you can’t find the tactical solution. Then trying to deal with players as individuals to thinking as a collective and getting them to gel and be cohesive is another level.

Besides being Captain, Arteta has shadowed a great coach and has been with Pep at City from the start. He’s seen the highs and lows and at least has a reference point on how to tackle certain problems. That doesn’t mean he’ll be able to apply what he has learnt successfully but it’s a lot more than someone trying to live off past experiences.
    He has the advantage because he's respected, players will look up to him, they won't with Arteta, in football terms he was a relative nobody. There's no way of telling if it would work or not, I just think having respect from those you manage and having people looking up to you and listening to you help.

Like I said Guardiola won at Barca, Bayern and now City, Arteta wasn't with him before City so he clearly doesn't need a specific number 2, Artetas' impact is overstated, as it the impact of any number 2 IMO, it''s the manager that makes things happen. As a side issue, since I don't like the way Guardiola does stuff and think he's somewhat overrated seeing as he's always managed the biggest clubs who already were successful or clubs with money, he does a good job in those situations, would be more interested to see how he would do at a club who haven't had success recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valid enough point regarding Pep. If Ivan and the gang are hoping Arteta comes here and applies what he learned in gypoland then they might need to get the chequebook out and buy extra ink. Pep has never managed a club like ours before. A club that doesn't have every financial advantage in the book. So if Arteta is coming in, hopefully Pep taught him a bit more than just how to buy his way out of every problem.

Whatever happens, what joy that various possibilities exist. Rather than the horror of the absolute certainty that accompanied every Wenger inspired season.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He has the advantage because he's respected, players will look up to him, they won't with Arteta, in football terms he was a relative nobody. There's no way of telling if it would work or not, I just think having respect from those you manage and having people looking up to you and listening to you help.

Like I said Guardiola won at Barca, Bayern and now City, Arteta wasn't with him before City so he clearly doesn't need a specific number 2, Artetas' impact is overstated, as it the impact of any number 2 IMO, it''s the manager that makes things happen. As a side issue, since I don't like the way Guardiola does stuff and think he's somewhat overrated seeing as he's always managed the biggest clubs who already were successful or clubs with money, he does a good job in those situations, would be more interested to see how he would do at a club who haven't had success recently.
    A reputation from afar only last so long. You know the saying about when people finally meet their idols. If Henry has no idea how to overcome certain tactics or how to get the best out of his squad, respect goes out the window.

It doesn't work like how you say. You still have to prove yourself because you will be tested. If what you were saying were true about great players, Maradona should have been up there as one of the best managers in football. I'm sure on first arrival he was worshipped with many young Argentine players eager to impress, wide eyed, devoted to listen to what he says. Six months later, I wouldn’t be surpised if the disrespect kicked in from those same optimistic players, now thinking, 'this coke head has no idea what he's doing'.

If Henry were to be considered for the role, I'd hope we'd be going off a lot more than his rep as player.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Who knows, Henry played in a counter attacking team, so there's just as much chance he'd play that style instead.
    I'm thinking with him being an assistant to Roberto Martinez also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It seems to me we don't have a manager's position any more. We're looking for a coach. A fractional role compared to Wenger's all encompassing mandate. The management role is split between 3 people now. I like the idea we're doing exactly the opposite of what Wenger preferred. Depending on how limited the new role is it may have deterred the likes of Allegri who might want a bigger say. Guesswork, but that's the way it looks from the little we know.
    Yep, I think the same.

Which is why I have no real problem with ‘Tets.

If he doesn’t come up to scratch, the structure behind him is still in place. They’re after a coach/tactician/mentor

Also, are we really going to take a punt? Really? There is BIG money at stake for these cunts that run our club. If their choice hasn’t been been put through the equivilant of a CBR check, then they don’t give a fuck about their cash one bit.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless there’s a huge u-turn in the coming days, it does seem like Micky Tets is as good as done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The baldie is not for turning.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys it's this simple: Arteta has NEVER been the manager of ANY football club EVER

That means it's a big fat NO

I can't believe some people on here were casting doubt on Tuchel etc because somehow they hadn't done things well enough or proved this or that when they did win things

And we are on the verge of having a person who has NEVER managed any football club EVER

Can't you see there's a problem here?