Page 7 of 119 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    He plays passing football and nearly got Liverpool to win the league. Plus it could be fat Sam.
    Suarez was what nearly carried them to the title that season.

At any rate, that season was an outlier among his entire Liverpool career which is what we should judge it on. And even I could win the league in Scotland with Celtic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a really good think about this and I personally want Jardim of Monaco to become our new boss. I think he is a realistic appointment. Admittedly he has never managed a big club but he is a winner, has an impeccable track record with promoting / developing young players to a high level, and seems to get the best out of established / experienced players.

The team he built last season at Monaco was a joy to watch, absolute quality in every single area of the team.

He did very well at Sporting Lisbon too prior to his time at Monaco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also won the league where PSG shit on everyone. I would have him as 2nd choice behind Allegri. I spoke to my Barca supporting mates last night and they said that Enrique isn’t a coach, he is more like a manager. They also said that he tinkers too much and cost them vital games when he changed things for no reason and failed to spot weaknesss in the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I have had a really good think about this and I personally want Jardim of Monaco to become our new boss. I think he is a realistic appointment. Admittedly he has never managed a big club but he is a winner, has an impeccable track record with promoting / developing young players to a high level, and seems to get the best out of established / experienced players.

The team he built last season at Monaco was a joy to watch, absolute quality in every single area of the team.

He did very well at Sporting Lisbon too prior to his time at Monaco.
    Totally agree along with Allegri by far the best choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    He also won the league where PSG shit on everyone. I would have him as 2nd choice behind Allegri. I spoke to my Barca supporting mates last night and they said that Enrique isn’t a coach, he is more like a manager. They also said that he tinkers too much and cost them vital games when he changed things for no reason and failed to spot weaknesss in the team.
    Yep, I’m not massively keen on Enrique either, his record at Celta Vigo & Roma was very questionable. He wasn’t exactly great in the transfer market at Barca either, he inherited a world class team and MSN pretty much won him them trophies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shortlist seems to be:

Allegri
    Jardim
    Enrique
    Rodgers
    Arteta
    Vieira

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jardim or Allegri would be great. Paddy V would be my 3rd choice as a bit of a wild card.

Wonder what will happen to Bouldy, by all accounts he hasn't been given much responsibility under Wenger so maybe he'll get another chance under a new boss. The rest of Wenger's cronies (Colbert, Peyton, Primoric) can do one though.

Mad Jens should be promoted. Wouldn't be against bringing in another legend to the coaching staff as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think the new manager will bring in his own assistant unless it's an Arteta or Paddy who will probably be happy with Bould.

If a top manager comes in then maybe Bould can be made defensive coach and he can stick to what he's good at, and be actually allowed to coach the defence.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't put too much stock in any lists at the moment.

I'm certain the only reason why Rodgers name is being touted and is one of the favourites is because all his cronies/friends/mates in the media are constantly mentioning his name. Probably so when he actually he gets the West Ham or Palace job next year, their fans will seem grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Jardim or Allegri would be great. Paddy V would be my 3rd choice as a bit of a wild card.

Wonder what will happen to Bouldy, by all accounts he hasn't been given much responsibility under Wenger so maybe he'll get another chance under a new boss. The rest of Wenger's cronies (Colbert, Peyton, Primoric) can do one though.

Mad Jens should be promoted. Wouldn't be against bringing in another legend to the coaching staff as well.
    Primoric I think kind of already stepped down last year. Peyton needs to fuck off though ..... seriously. I'm convinced he's the reason why our GK's have been so calamitous and why someone like Woijech ended up regressing despite showing so much promise early on and why Cech looks like a shadow of his former self.

I think Colbert's been marginalised thanks to both Burgess & Shad coming in ..... I believe he only really works with getting players who have been injured back to fitness rather than maintaining and keeping fit already available players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be interesting to see what Wenger does next.

He spoke about going until Fergie's age and that he still has fuel left in the tank, and I think there's a part of him that feels betrayed and wants to prove us wrong. I can see him managing France or going to another club, but will he go to PSG? He has lambasted oil money and taken a moral stance against it over the years, so it would be ironic and hypocritical for him to end up there. At the same time, the PSG job is the only top job I can see there being for him.