Page 70 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Emery is not for me I'm afraid.

Nor Conte, He won the PL in his first season but he hasn't done anything of note over the course of a season except win the FA cup.

Even Wenger managed that.
    He won the league here 12 months ago and that means he's more qualified than most of the candidates regardless of what happened this season.

I'd hire Conte in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes a good tactician and his teams play good attacking football at pace, he won 3 Europa league titles and made Seville a force again. His record in the CL wasnt too good but then again he came up against Barca and Real Madrid...

Id rather him than Arteta TBH, he at least has managerial experience and a really good CV.

Arteta is asking for more control over transfers apparently and doesnt want to be Gazidis' puppet, which is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not keen on conte - he seems a bit of a ******* and the way he got rid of there 2nd best player was poor despite costa being costa. plus he is complaining Chelsea don't invest enough.... not sure arsenal are going to invest anymore money.

with Arteta - if things go wrong who will be the fall guy. probably the manager despite by the looks of it having no control of signings.

arsenal have the chance to get the fan base really excited about whats happening next but instead of people are relieved its not Wenger that's in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Is that true? In 3 years?
    2015-16 season not a single away win. 9 draws and 10 losses.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont want either.

We let the best two managers slip through our fingers in Allegri and Enrique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emeri works for me, he's experienced and PSG played some great stuff under him (they played us off the park and should have beaten us convincingly). Just as long as it isn't Arteta who I just don't want in charge, Ozil is supposedly not keen on him either, the thought of having some nobody with no experience in charge is too much for me.

He's not my 1st choice, but then Simeone, Jardim and Allegri aren't happening (Simeone would have been my first choice) so that doesn't leave too many options, Conte is a no go for me, I agree with the comments about him allowing his best striker to leave being a shocker, effectively he sabotaged his own season as Costa was a key player for Chelsea, spending 70 million on Morata who is awful was also a very poor decision. Just not convinced with Conte, seems to let his emotions overshadow logic and that's cost Chelsea, you need someone more level headed who won't make decisions based on how much he likes a player.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Emeri works for me
    Really, doing what?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really, doing what?

WUM consultant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont want either.

We let the best two managers slip through our fingers in Allegri and Enrique.
    The trouble with those guys is that they'd probably need Manchester levels of money and we obviously can't provide that.

We've set our stall out with the structure and "head coach" kind of role so we just have to go with it now. Not everyone will work under that umbrella and that's why we haven't heard of more established names being in the running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Ham have just signed Pellegrini...more or less. Everton may pick up Silva...both quality managers. We on the other hand...the guy on a work experience programme who may not yet have all his coaching badges. You just couldnt make it up.....On the bright side...Wenger is gone.

Sing with me..."Always look on the bright side of life"!
    Make 2mrw better than 2day