User Tag List

Page 71 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    West Ham have just signed Pellegrini...more or less. Everton may pick up Silva...both quality managers. We on the other hand...the guy on a work experience programme who may not yet have all his coaching badges. You just couldnt make it up.....On the bright side...Wenger is gone.

Sing with me..."Always look on the bright side of life"!

This club makes me laugh, we sit there putting up with Wenger for years and the minute we get rid of him, we then go after a total nobody, who has no reputation as manager and never had any kind of reputation as a player either. I do wonder about the people running this club sometimes.

Arteta is a strange choice for anyone, I could understand it more if he was a former great (wouldn't be my choice obviously), as you hope their reputation motivates players to achieve great things (I know it doesn't always pan out that way), but this guy, really? There's enough supposedly decent assistant managers who have totally flopped to steer you away from someone like him, especially with the level of changes needed and the pressure.

Just because Gazidis finally moved Wenger on (after years of failing to do anything about him and actually supporting him) doesn't mean he's proved himself to me, choosing Arteta would be another poor decision in a long line of them by him.

I know we signed Mikhi and Auba in January, Auba is obviously a very good signing, though his age means he probably has a limited time left at the top, Mikhi hasn't done a lot and is also in his late 20s, hardly the recipe for building a team with longer term success in mind, yes it wasn't a bad January after years of poor transfer windows, but that in itself doesn't prove to me that we've turned the corner.

In addition, if we knew we'd be moving Wenger on, it might have been better to save the money in January for the new manager, particularly if this 50 million budget is true (I hope it isn't), I'm happy we signed Aubameyang of course, but giving a new manager 50 million to rebuild a team that were so poor last season just isn't enough, especially given the prices of players these days.

Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon Wenger has gone, but this was a great opportunity to build, just like Liverpool are, instead we seem to be looking for some sort of pet project to replace Wenger, which IMO is just odd, especially given how angry the fans were.
    Last edited by Özim; 21-05-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont even think Arteta is the named assistant manager. He is just one of the backroom staff. If appointed, the only other novice with greater responsibility would be Trump.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather have Wenger than Pellegrini tbf.

Arteta works for me. Based purely on a hunch (which is probably as much as our board are going on). If we can't have the experienced first choices on the list, or can't afford them, and we can't have my preferred choices who never made it to the list that leaves Arteta as my number one pick. Like I said, based purely on a hunch. I like the whole ide aof just going with it to see what happens. I figure we have a freebie season anyway, considering the alternative was to let Wenger stay.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger has officially left the building. Cleared his desk today and he's driven away for the last time.

It's happened.

Supposedly the club now falls to pieces.

I don't think so though.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger has officially left the building. Cleared his desk today and he's driven away for the last time.
    Who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairly undignified scenes of Ty trying to scramble through Wenger's car window. Xhaka is in the boot. Welbeck is up front.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'd rather have Wenger than Pellegrini tbf.

Arteta works for me. Based purely on a hunch (which is probably as much as our board are going on). If we can't have the experienced first choices on the list, or can't afford them, and we can't have my preferred choices who never made it to the list that leaves Arteta as my number one pick. Like I said, based purely on a hunch. I like the whole ide aof just going with it to see what happens. I figure we have a freebie season anyway, considering the alternative was to let Wenger stay.
    Dont know what you have against Pellegrini. He did well with City and they played much better football under him than with Pep. He also is not so skewed in his analysing of things that he thinks Jesus is a better striker than Aguero.
    He will have Werst Ham bubbling next season, mark my words. If we appoint Tets, then the hammers will be another team that finishes above us, Everton too. I dont see why we Arsenal fans have to see the absolute nadir before things get better.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont know what you have against Pellegrini. He did well with City and they played much better football under him than with Pep. He also is not so skewed in his analysing of things that he thinks Jesus is a better striker than Aguero.
    He will have Werst Ham bubbling next season, mark my words. If we appoint Tets, then the hammers will be another team that finishes above us, Everton too. I dont see why we Arsenal fans have to see the absolute nadir before things get better.
    Good in his first season, won it in fact. But downhill from there. And grey and tired by the end of season 3. He'd be okay, but just okay. We'd need to be looking for a new manager pretty quickly I think. So I prefer the idea of a younger coach on the way up, rather than a guy who has already come down. And he'll be managing West Ham. That, in itself, says a lot.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will genuinely bet you any amount of money you want to bet that that will not happen.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seem to be making a right ruddy hames of all this in typical Arsenal fashion