User Tag List

Page 72 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it's Emery.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    emery it is then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is awful...

But I like him.

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get behind that. Arteta...dodged a bullet with that one
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Arteta was supposedly the "safe, unambitious" choice because of his inexperience, then this is certainly the middle-of-the-road appointment that's neither completely terrible nor terribly exciting.

I'm not going to be obnoxiously negative and judge the guy before he's had a chance to do something, but this all seems like the compromise option that people thought Arteta was. Allegri/Enrique unavailable or too expensive. Arteta/Nagelsman too much of a risk. At least a risk is exciting, but this initially just feels underwhelming.

If we're aiming for Europa League glory, then he fits the bill. A look at his league form would give cause for concern though. Even at PSG with the overwhelming advantage of one of the most expensive teams ever assembled, he lost out to Monaco last season. And they haven't improved in the CL either.

And considering his English is not as fluent as other candidates, why not opt for Jardim who also has problems with the language but a recent track record with vastly improving players?

After all the recent changes at the club, it seemed as if the structure was in place for something genuinely new and potentially innovative. But whether it's because of clashing ideas, budget restrictions or panic, it all appears to have amounted to another opportunistic Arsenal transaction rather than a brave one.

I'd love for people to laugh at me in future for doubting this appointment after he's become another managerial legend, but at the moment it's all a bit beige/vanilla/meh.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    He is awful...

But I like him.

That's brilliant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    If Arteta was supposedly the "safe, unambitious" choice because of his inexperience, then this is certainly the middle-of-the-road appointment that's neither completely terrible nor terribly exciting.

I'm not going to be obnoxiously negative and judge the guy before he's had a chance to do something, but this all seems like the compromise option that people thought Arteta was. Allegri/Enrique unavailable or too expensive. Arteta/Nagelsman too much of a risk. At least a risk is exciting, but this initially just feels underwhelming.

If we're aiming for Europa League glory, then he fits the bill. A look at his league form would give cause for concern though. Even at PSG with the overwhelming advantage of one of the most expensive teams ever assembled, he lost out to Monaco last season. And they haven't improved in the CL either.

And considering his English is not as fluent as other candidates, why not opt for Jardim who also has problems with the language but a recent track record with vastly improving players?

After all the recent changes at the club, it seemed as if the structure was in place for something genuinely new and potentially innovative. But whether it's because of clashing ideas, budget restrictions or panic, it all appears to have amounted to another opportunistic Arsenal transaction rather than a brave one.

I'd love for people to laugh at me in future for doubting this appointment after he's become another managerial legend, but at the moment it's all a bit beige/vanilla/meh.
    Great post.

It is a bit meh but he's clearly decent coach so all we can do is hope he can get his ideas across and inspire the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah GP beat me to the Emery quotes lol
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame. I had grown used to the idea of a coach rather than a manager. I still think that's the way we should have gone. A complete break from the past. A totally new set up. This seems to tip things back in favour of the managerial role.

Still, he's got to be given a chance. We'll know soon enough.

Might make the transfer window a little more interesting I suppose.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post

Yep, I feel very meh at this news