User Tag List

Page 74 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/unai...r/trainer/5075

For the lazy fuckers out there. Unai's head to head stats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s face it, there was never going to be an appointment that was universally welcomed. Some people didn’t even want Allegri believe it or not. Everyone has their own preference as to what path we should have gone down but there is no sure-fire solution. We’re not going suddenly become world beaters next year, it’s going to take time and there will be plenty of set backs along the way regardless of who got the job.

We’ve got ourselves a good coach, he’s worthy enough to have a go. Time will tell just how good (or bad) Emery proves to be but let’s not revert to type and make it unnecessarily difficult for him and the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a concern...I can't lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Not winning a single away game all season is spin? Never making it past the last 16 of the CL or going out in the group stage is spin?

I think he's a stable appointment and may get us back in the CL and some cup victories but I'm not sure if he has the potential to topple Pep, Klopp, Pott and Mourinho. Go on Tranafermarket.com and check out his head to head stats. Hopefully, he is young enough to learn and adapt.
    It went tits up for Klopp in his final season as well. Sometimes a manager exhausts a club. At least Emery won the Europa despite it going tits up. Fact is he's a serial winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    It went tits up for Klopp in his final season as well. Sometimes a manager exhausts a club. At least Emery won the Europa despite it going tits up. Fact is he's a serial winner.
    Look at the head to head stats. I think this guy is still a work in progress. Still young enough to learn but he's not up there with the elites just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    That is a concern...I can't lie.
    I posted earlier that I thought he was solid when first hearing the news. It's only after seeing a few more fans Tweet about him and doing my own digging that I had some concerns. I've lowered my expectations. He definitely has something there and is young enough to get to the top but he's not there at the moment. Full support either way if this our guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is still a work in progress. He's only 46.

And he's won the treble and European trophy 3 times despite being in progress.

I'll take that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    AFTV claiming Arteta didn't want to go with new system at Arsenal and wanted more say than was being offered. Ballsy move that didn't work out for him, although he has teh gypos to fall back on of course. So I guess Emery has accepted the new system and, for me, that's a good thing. No more emperors.
    Makes me laugh, this nobody should have just accepted what he got, it's his first job, he should think himself lucky he was ever considered. He has a year or too under Guardiola (Mr Chequebook) and suddenly thinks he's gods gift to football

Average player for us with absolutely no leadership qualities, this off the field leader thing was nonsense, whilst he was captain we never saw his influence and we were as bad as we ever were, so glad we didn't take him on (and we may have seen the same type of football as Guardiola which would have been awful).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    He is still a work in progress. He's only 46.

And he's won the treble and European trophy 3 times despite being in progress.

I'll take that.
    He hasn't won the Treble. Stop it. If we're calling it that, you can put Brendan Rodgers down as a Treble winner too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Makes me laugh, this nobody should have just accepted what he got, it's his first job, he should think himself lucky he was ever considered. He has a year or too under Guardiola (Mr Chequebook) and suddenly thinks he's gods gift to football

Average player for us with absolutely no leadership qualities, this off the field leader thing was nonsense, whilst he was captain we never saw his influence and we were as bad as we ever were, so glad we didn't take him on (and we may have seen the same type of football as Guardiola which would have been awful).
    Let me see Sevilla never finished in the top 4 with him. Lost the title to Monaco last year. For all the tactical genius crap, somehow blew a 4-1 lead to Barca last year. His team got embarrassed by a pretty average Madrid team.

Couldn't deal with Neymar, and essentially let him do what ever he wanted too on the pitch. And can't speak English.

Yeah, great hire.