User Tag List

Page 75 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair no PSG coach is going to be able to deal with Neymar. He’s bigger than the club and nothing more than a symbol of their wealth. If there’s an opportunity to go back to Spain he will be gone.

Emery’s CL defeats were poor but the CL is of no relevance to us at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy turned Nzonzi into something decent so I'm hoping he can coach our players properly.

You don't win the Europa League three times on the trot and not have something about you.

He deserves a chance so all this whinging should be put aside until he is given at least a season or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    He hasn't won the Treble. Stop it. If we're calling it that, you can put Brendan Rodgers down as a Treble winner too.
    Has Brendan Rodgers won the Europa 3 times?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    Let me see Sevilla never finished in the top 4 with him. Lost the title to Monaco last year. For all the tactical genius crap, somehow blew a 4-1 lead to Barca last year. His team got embarrassed by a pretty average Madrid team.

Couldn't deal with Neymar, and essentially let him do what ever he wanted too on the pitch. And can't speak English.

Yeah, great hire.
    He got corrupted out of the CL last season by the most blatant cheating I've ever seen that game was always going to be overturned before a ball was even kicked

As for this year they lost to what will probably be the eventual winners.

And for the English, neither could Conte.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Has Brendan Rodgers won the Europa 3 times?
    No, but has Emery won the 'tREBLE' three seasons in a row, like Brendan Rodgers!

I'm not putting too much weight in the trophies at PSG. Laurent Blanc won the 'tREBLE' twice in a row with PSG. That team is too dominant in Ligue 1 and I respect PSG's last season a lot less because they had to pull a Bayern to win the league back from Monaco. I've held the same criticism of Pep at Bayern.

The stuff I think adds weight to this appointment besides the trophies is what I've heard about his attention to details and analysis. That's impressive stuff. But there is more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More positives.... Emery has worked with some really good players, helped develop them and they moved on to playing for bigger clubs. Juan Mata (Valencia), David Silva (Valencia), David Villa (Valencia), Jordi Alba (Valencia) Raul Albiol (Valencia) Roberto Soldado (Valencia), Ivan Rakitic (Sevilla), Carlos Bacca (Sevilla), Jesus Navas (Sevilla), Negredo (Sevilla).

That Villa, Mata and Silva combo at Valencia was impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're going to have EKB and 'Emery out' factions before we've kicked a ball. If he comes, and it hasn't been confirmed yet, let's just get behind him. Nobody even knew who Wenger was but that turned out all right for a while. There would always be good reasons to appoint or not appoint many managers. We may have gone for a 'middle of the road' option in terms of experience, but let's just give him a chance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/unai...r/trainer/5075

For the lazy fuckers out there. Unai's head to head stats.
    Tbf a lot of those stats must be skewed because he was managing Sevilla. Course he's not going to have a good record against people managing Barca, Real and Atletico.

Not winning an away match for a whole season IS very worrying though. Especially after our horrible away record last season...
    Last edited by Penguin; 22-05-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Tbf a lot of those stats must be skewed because he was managing Sevilla. Course he's not going to have a good record against people managing Barca, Real and Atletico.

Not winning an away match for a whole season IS very worrying though. Especially after our horrible away record last season...
    Yes, that's true. He's managed Valencia and Sevilla. But it would be even more impressive if he could have outfox the bigger teams and managers. What's truly impressive about Simeone and Klopp is that they've always managed smaller teams but their records against the giants is pretty impressive. Klopp has put the hurting on Pep and Jose a number of times. Dormund vs Bayern, Madrid, City, Chelsea....Also, Simeone doesn't manage a giant team. Atletico were in the same class as Valencia and Sevilla but Simeone transformed them into a powerhouse team despite the lack of resources and having key players poached each season. No shame in Emery's record and not everyone can do what Klopp and Simeone have done but I would say those two are a step above him.

Well, at least Emery has the one important victory over Klopp! He may be able to flourish at Arsenal. PSG was toxic. With the right environment, he could do well. As said in a previous post, I'm impressed with some of the players he worked with at Valencia. He's part of the reason why I say there are talented teams in La Liga but it's held back by the lopsided financing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wasn't the right coach for PSG and their climate. It's clear from everything I've read he was way too detailed and meticulous for those pretentious, egotistical PSG players. Neymar didn't warm to his video analysis and pre-match prep because it was deemed long and detailed imagine that, poor little Neymar actually having to listen to instructions and being told what to do

Whereas at Arsenal it's completely different. After years of laissez-faire Wenger we need a meticulous manager to come in and dissect every aspect.

Sometimes profiles just don't match and I think Emery is more suited to an underdog type club like Sevilla, Arsenal, Valencia etc i.e. a club with restricted resources that has plenty to prove where his work can really take effect, instead of the PSG's and Real Madrid's of the world with a dressing room full of uncooperative, pampered prima donnas.