User Tag List

Page 84 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    i don't think it would be a sacking at the end of the season, I am sure I read somewhere that its a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd year.
    Didn't Ornstein come out and say that that is hearsay?....and that it's actually 3 years straight up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Well in S London I'm surrounded by Millwall fams they've always wanted to play us in a league fixture Emery it trying his best to make that happen
    Me too!

When I was in school, they beat us 2 nil in the cup. Never heard the end of it for the rest of my upbringing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pochettino oversaw Spurs' greatest period of success in 50 years. He won fuck all.

No idea how to judge him.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take Pochettino in a heartbeat.

Let's not forget even Klopp lead Dortmund to a mid table finish. Then he came out and said, after a while the players stop listening to you voice....etc etc, blah blah blah....do we remember that?

Pay Count Dick Emery off and appoint Poch or go all guns out to get Guardiola in the summer when he may have had enough and City have won nothing or very little...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Poch has said he could never take over at Arsenal so more good news https://football-talk.co.uk/154274/i...enhams-rivals/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I would take Pochettino in a heartbeat.

Let's not forget even Klopp lead Dortmund to a mid table finish. Then he came out and said, after a while the players stop listening to you voice....etc etc, blah blah blah....do we remember that?

Pay Count Dick Emery off and appoint Poch or go all guns out to get Guardiola in the summer when he may have had enough and City have won nothing or very little...
    Why would Guardiola want to join us when he is already at a top club. There are things to be impressed with Poch, giving youngsters a chance , making players get better. Surely things we would want from a manager.

Also if he replaced Emery and we finished top 4 above Spuds... that would be very amusing.

We need to do something though as even Mourinho might get Spuds to improve performances in the short term at least.

Unfortunately for us we have Southampton, Norwich and Brighton up next so even despite Emery we should be winning those games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To give an average sized club like Tottenham designs of winning the league or CL clearly shows he is a very good coach. In the end Poch took them as far as he could but he turned Spurs into a different animal and he did it without the chequebook of the clubs he was trying to compete with. Their wage bill was also very low in comparison as well so they were punching above their weight for sure.

He missed the boat in terms of trophies but I don't see how the job he did can be considered anything but excellent.

Would happily boot Emery out if getting Poch was a genuine possibility.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 20-11-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lack of trophies is the only thing you can fault him for but, you know, he was at Spurs...
    Otherwise yes, he got them punching well above their weight and he won't be out of work long. I'd love him to be our manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Why would Guardiola want to join us when he is already at a top club. There are things to be impressed with Poch, giving youngsters a chance , making players get better. Surely things we would want from a manager.

Also if he replaced Emery and we finished top 4 above Spuds... that would be very amusing.

We need to do something though as even Mourinho might get Spuds to improve performances in the short term at least.

Unfortunately for us we have Southampton, Norwich and Brighton up next so even despite Emery we should be winning those games.
    Wouldn't want Guardiola, chequebook manager and don't like his style of football.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Wouldn't want Guardiola, chequebook manager and don't like his style of football.
    But you'd want Mourinho?!