0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery favourite to get the sack next

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, Zim the ultimate contrarian, so dedicated to his craft he's even willing to champion Mourinho's style of football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you believe this guy, he wants to bring Xhaka back. Don't think most fans want him back, no just because of his behaviour (and also what seem to be digs at them on social media in recent times) but also because he's mediocre and yet Emery wants him back in the team.

You have to wonder what Emery is thinking to be honest, he can ill afford to annoy the fans anymore, his job is hanging by thread as it is in their eyes.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...st-southampton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketsi View Post
    Lol, Zim the ultimate contrarian, so dedicated to his craft he's even willing to champion Mourinho's style of football
    22 years of Wenger will do that to you!

Just want a manager who gives us a chance of challenging, we've managed to replace one who was unable to with another one who also seems to make similar nonsensical decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like he's saying to the board go on sack me I dare you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    It's like he's saying to the board go on sack me I dare you...
    The pay out it what he’s after now.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    The pay out it what he’s after now.
    Cheap if we can get someone in who could hopefully turn things around a achieve champions league qualification which I can't see us doing with Emery in charge he doesn't see that what he is doing isn't good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    allegri and arteta linked.... not sure why allegri would want to come... arteta bit of a risk... rather someone with some managerial experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly this whole management has to go. Raul and Co have no business running this Club. This club is gonna be the next AC Milan with these clowns making decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm leaning towards Arteta as my first choice for Emery's replacement? Reputations and past successes seem to count for less and less these days, and I really think that clubs need to start looking for more tailored fits for their first team coaching roles. Arteta feels like he's a fit for us. He's an Arsenal man, he gets the prestige of being here, he knows a lot of the people at the club who he'd be working with, and I think he understands what the fans want - ultimately “success” will be defined as whatever the fans decide it is, so that last point is a pretty big one. Plus he seems like a great communicator and a big personality, who I think the players will respond to and will want to play for. My biggest gripe with Emery is that he has absolutely zero charisma and does nothing to inspire anyone at the club. He's a terrible man-manager who can barely communicate with his players (or the fans) and everything he tries to get across is either confusing or painfully uninspired.

I do have some concerns over whether Arteta could oversee raising the standard of our defending (although I suppose he can't really do much fucking worse), but then I also think that these are things that should really be addressed at a more fundamental level within the club? Being able to defend to an even basic level really doesn't feel like it should be something that's contingent on whoever we happen to have as a first team coach at any given moment - we should be making independent, permanent hires to our long-term coaching staff to work on that (and hopefully we'll have some scope to do it once Emery's useless entourage departs with him).

Oddly enough, I'm not as keen on Allegri as an option, in spite of his reputation as a defensive genius. I'm not sure his English is meant to be that great, and I seem to remember talk of him wanting to bring a big team of his own people with him and a big budget to overhaul the squad, neither of which we should be offering. Could be great, but then he could be another Emery who ends up costing a fortune and alienating all the players.

Don't see Pocchettino as a realistic option. Even if the Arsenal-sp*rs thing is irrelevent to him, I think he'll probably feel like he's done his stint developing a young side for now, and will fancy a shot at instant success in his next move. That's not going to be us - the biggest selling point we'll have to offer him is that he won't have to move!
    Last edited by I am invisible; 25-11-2019 at 08:14 PM.