User Tag List

Page 95 of 119 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Yeah theres a long article by Le Grove on that, makes quite interesting reading. If you look at his managerial career it's been mostly average. I'd be pretty underwhelmed if he was signed, and fearing Emery 2.0.
    yeah i feel the same and instead of someone like Howe or Santo i'd rather have Freddie as caretaker and just see if he manages to make if fly, otherwise we get a bigger name in

Freddie knows the youth players and can hit the ground running

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NES, Allegri, Arteta and Rogers are heading up the shortlist apparently.

Got reservations about the lot of them really but I suppose there isn't going to be one outstanding candidate that everyone thinks would nail it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    yeah i feel the same and instead of someone like Howe or Santo i'd rather have Freddie as caretaker and just see if he manages to make if fly, otherwise we get a bigger name in

Freddie knows the youth players and can hit the ground running
    Sort of feel the same, with one reservation. I'd hate to see the fans turn on him and hound him if he doesn't win the CL in his first match in charge.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the fans would turn on Freddie. All the anger will now be directed at those who are running the club.

Much like it is for OGS at United who doesn't have a word said against him by anyone - it is all on the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don't think the fans would turn on Freddie. All the anger will now be directed at those who are running the club.

Much like it is for OGS at United who doesn't have a word said against him by anyone - it is all on the board.
    Just think back on the goodwill for Emery (from most fans) and compare it to now. And being in the background is very different to being out front. A few bad substitutions, a few unpopular team selections. Things can change fast. One thing in his favour, he's already bald so he won't have to worry about that.

Arteta, Freddie, either work for me because I think they'd have to focus on the basics instead of engaging in grand plans that only ever materialise in Powerpoint presentations. They'd be learning too, so they'd have to keep it simple. Both have had exposure to coaching but they've been able to stand at the back when the missiles are flying in. They'd be as good as absolute beginners.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery had the goodwill because he hadn't been fully backed financially and he was dealing with "Wenger's squad" last year.

Those excuses went and he was exposed. Fair game really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Reslistically, who will the next manager be ?

I cannot see Rodgers leaving Leicester.
    me neither and i still don't want him anyway, or Ponce either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please no Allegri

Bring in Arteta, I really believe he understands what needs to be done at this club on the football side.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    Please no Allegri

Bring in Arteta, I really believe he understands what needs to be done at this club on the football side.
    I thought you didn't want Raul's Spanish takeover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't get the clamour for Arteta, he's never managed, was probably one of the worst captains we had and a very average player for us, he was also part of a time when we bottled it regularly, so what that's he's been working at Man City as assistant manager, it's a completely different role and doesn't qualify him to be manager in any way.

He's be a complete novice, his first job should be at some lower league team, like Lampard for example, not a big club.

He's the reason I wanted Emery in the first place, because this guy was the alternative. No thanks, let him go and manage Aldershot FC or something like most first time managers.
    Last edited by Özim; 29-11-2019 at 07:14 PM.