User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal 4-1 West Ham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Wenger was obviously put under pressure to resign, no way was he ever gonna walk out just like that.

I guess it means the board and owner do have some balls afterall and know what is going on.
    Empty seats, no CL cash, apathy ripping through the shirt buying, pie buying, programme buying, beer buying fanbase. I wouldn't look beyond that. There are no heroes in this story.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looked a far bigger turnout than recent matches. And if you hope there is dislike for Wenger, you’d be very disappointed by the crowd today and the stampede on Friday to get tickets for his last match.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    It looked a far bigger turnout than recent matches. And if you hope there is dislike for Wenger, you’d be very disappointed by the crowd today and the stampede on Friday to get tickets for his last match.
    Yeah it looked much fuller. People were beggin on twitter for tickets for this game.

I'm guessing some people had other commitments and given the short notice some of them couldn't make it especially with the marathon on as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People disliked the fact it looked like he would never leave and was dragging us down and that might have merged into disliking the man himself but once he announced he was leaving most people managed to separate the two.
    His last game will be pretty much a sell out and his name will be sung loud. Rightly so.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Leaving Aubamayang - who can't play on Thursday - on the bench summed up what's gone wrong with Wenger.

Roll on a new manager who clears out Welbeck, Iwobi, Mustafi and Xhaka and makes sensible team selections

Was really surprised at another low turnout btw - thought there'd be a lot more people there given the circumstances
    Exactly what I thought tbh. Completely unnecessary to start Auba on the bench, it was clear as soon as he came on that it upped the tempo of our game.

Wenger

I must have been still caught up in the euphoria of his announcement on Friday when the game started, cause after 25 mins I sat there and said "Oh yeh, this is why you are leaving!"

Mustafi shouldn't even be getting picked anymore, Iwobi - more like Iwoeful and the pathetic attempts at attack

That is the first thing that need to be sorted out, drill the strikers how to shoot again and stop them making 15 passes back and forth to the midfield when they are in the 6 yard box.

Ramsey is still a headless chicken, he needs someone to sort him out which will happen soon.

I do think the last 10 mins flattered to deceive again but what the hell, we need all the wins we can get to take us to EL glory and I'm really please Laca got two to boost his confidence.

On to the next!
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 23-04-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last 10-15 mins proved (again) we are a good team once the opponent has given up. But it also showed, as we have showed in brief moments before, these players still have something left to offer once the main impediment is gone. It will take a while and a lot of work to recover from what Wenger has done to our football, but there are signs in there it's not an impossible mission.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was expecting a bit more of a performance really - to show how much Wenger meant to the players. Result flattered us and I fancy it would have finished 1-1 had the young defender not Mustafi'ed. But a win is a win and on to Thursday when it really matters.

Also I do think every squad/team needs players like Welbeck. Those players who keep trying and always give 100%. No point having a team full of Ozil's.

Wenger was wrong to moan about the fans though. Without fans Wenger wouldn't have a job in football. Football wouldn't exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    I was expecting a bit more of a performance really - to show how much Wenger meant to the players. Result flattered us and I fancy it would have finished 1-1 had the young defender not Mustafi'ed. But a win is a win and on to Thursday when it really matters.

Also I do think every squad/team needs players like Welbeck. Those players who keep trying and always give 100%. No point having a team full of Ozil's.

Wenger was wrong to moan about the fans though. Without fans Wenger wouldn't have a job in football. Football wouldn't exist.
    We need players who give 100% and always keep trying, but are a lot better than Welbeck. Our game has been in such a state over the last few years and our players so unmotivated and underperforming (which is their fault as well as Wenger's) we've settled for calling players like Coquelin and Welbeck decent because they put a bit of effort in. It's good they show some self motivation, of course it is. But the new manager needs to up the standards significantly and demand much more from everyone. Welbeck won't cut it once the team is up to speed. That's why Utd let him go.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The last 10-15 mins proved (again) we are a good team once the opponent has given up. But it also showed, as we have showed in brief moments before, these players still have something left to offer once the main impediment is gone. It will take a while and a lot of work to recover from what Wenger has done to our football, but there are signs in there it's not an impossible mission.
    Indeed, and also signs that, once we flog a few of the really shit players - we can fill the empty spaces with some genuine talent.