Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Emirates Stadium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Emirates Stadium

Random question/observation.

It has been said quite often (especially most recently) about the lack of atmosphere at the Emirates.

Apart from the fact that in the last few seasons our football has not been at its best, I honestly believe that the seats (especially behind the goal areas) are too far away from the pitch.

There must be a way that we could change this and improve capacity? It might be something that we could do if the “Safe Standing” is introduced?

Highbury was far more intimidating because we were so close to the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Random question/observation.

It has been said quite often (especially most recently) about the lack of atmosphere at the Emirates.

Apart from the fact that in the last few seasons our football has not been at its best, I honestly believe that the seats (especially behind the goal areas) are too far away from the pitch.

There must be a way that we could change this and improve capacity? It might be something that we could do if the “Safe Standing” is introduced?

Highbury was far more intimidating because we were so close to the pitch.

Safe standing isn't allowed in England, one English club tried to use this but were turned down, Celtic use this successfully apparently. For CL football seating is compulsory however, so you also need have lockable foldable seats (as they do at Celtic)

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not suggest to the club to take some sound recordings of crowd noise and play it through speakers on a loop during the game.

That'll solve it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Why not suggest to the club to take some sound recordings of crowd noise and play it through speakers on a loop during the game.

That'll solve it
    We did that at Highbury when the new North Bank was being built

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    We did that at Highbury when the new North Bank was being built
    There you are then! it will be nostalgic as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the sections directly behind the goals. Not only is it very shallow but the view is extremely obstructed because of the goal itself and the angle you are viewing at, I've only ever sat there when I've been desperate to go to a particular game. Unsurprisingly those are generally the last seats to be sold as well.

Not sure what can be done but I'm sure the Emirates being a modern build was designed with some sort of room for improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been to the Emirates Stadium. But I agree with Marc, I think that's a mistake when they built it, making it so shallow, they should have built it like a freaking wall, but maybe there were height restrictions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I hate the sections directly behind the goals. Not only is it very shallow but the view is extremely obstructed because of the goal itself and the angle you are viewing at.
    Kids! You should have sat behind a pillar in the old East stand. You couldn't see a thing it play was behind it and when the ball was hoofed up in the air (which it was frequently) you couldn't see it because of the "letterbox" view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Kids! You should have sat behind a pillar in the old East stand. You couldn't see a thing it play was behind it and when the ball was hoofed up in the air (which it was frequently) you couldn't see it because of the "letterbox" view.

I think that was where I was for my first ever match at Highbury, the Middlesbrough 5-3 game, I was kind of hugging the post. Red member, the only seat I could get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Gunner View Post
    I think that was where I was for my first ever match at Highbury, the Middlesbrough 5-3 game, I was kind of hugging the post. Red member, the only seat I could get.
    I'd migrated to the North Bank Upper by then, munching prawn sandwiches