User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Atletico Madrid (home).

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's the thing. Nothing has actually changed yet, not on the pitch. The fans may all be excited again, but the same git is still in charge on the training ground where he teaches our defenders to go for Cruyff turns and scorpion kicks when Griezmann is bearing down on them. Nothing will actually change until he's fucked off properly.
    I know, I know.

I want us to win the EL badly, but not for him - for the new guy coming in to save us from this eternal misery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welbeck

Kos

Mustafi

Does Mustafi wear studs? He's on the ground so often that I doubt it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn’t really get given to you on a plate more than that, yet we still contrived to fuck it up. So careless and pretty much sums up the second half of Wenger’s tenure; plenty of promise but not much delivered.

Koscielny is a choker, moments like that have plagued his career with us. Mustafi hilariously falling over was the icing on the shit cake.

We need huge, career-defining performances next week to get through. Atleti are one of the grittiest teams you could ever face, they will relish defending their lead and be very confident of scoring again.

*sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just came back from the Avengers movie. Quite entertaining.

Just seen the highlights. Kosienly...what a loser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most fitting end to Wenger's reign

What was his excuse tonight? Because the crowd were united and behind the team, the stadium was rocking, the ref gave no penalty or red card against us like usually happens in big European games, they even had their player and manager sent off, so what?

If there's 1 game to sum up this useless dinosaurs tenure it really is this

5 more games
    Last edited by Cripps; 26-04-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Hearing some fans saying we were unlucky. Seriously? 80 mins against 10 men? Their manager sent to the stands? Just one "unlucky" defensive error? AGAIN? When it keeps on happening it has nothing to do with luck, does it?

The only thing we've got unlucky with is a crappy board that has taken 10 years to act.
    Anyone who says we were unlucky today must be having a laff... I mean the only way UEFA could have topped what they did today for AW would have been to put the ball in the net themselves seeing as we couldn't even conjure up an imaginary penalty shout.

Those who watched the Newcastle game should be glad we walked away with something here as our aimless style of attacking is fodder for any serious defensive team..

Anyway getting back to happier things, like our impending divorce, does anyone else think we might do better with a Simone instead of an Enrique? I didn't like the antics by him or his players but I couldn't help but admire the whole team defending as a solid unit and the mettle they showed.

I am honestly not convinced that Enrique and more tippy tappy would be the solution to our decline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All that’s left now is to shit ourselves at Old Trafford as usual and glorious failure in the second leg of this.

Then he can have a send-off fit for a loser.

If I wasn’t going to the Burnley game with my dad I’d sell the tickets on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first prerequisite of any manager should be to sort the defence out. It's a shambles. And ultimately been the old goat's downfall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It doesn’t really get given to you on a plate more than that, yet we still contrived to fuck it up. So careless and pretty much sums up the second half of Wenger’s tenure; plenty of promise but not much delivered.

Koscielny is a choker, moments like that have plagued his career with us. Mustafi hilariously falling over was the icing on the shit cake.

We need huge, career-defining performances next week to get through. Atleti are one of the grittiest teams you could ever face, they will relish defending their lead and be very confident of scoring again.

*sigh*
    TBH I have reached a stage where I can't even be bothered to call out the defenders individually anymore ( besides maybe Mustafi seeing as he is so well remunerated and is total crap).

But looking beyond this tie, I am worried that our defending is so bad that we should be looking at getting a defensive minded manager as we need a complete overhaul and it has to start from the back which has been ignored for about 15 years or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Anyone who says we were unlucky today must be having a laff... I mean the only way UEFA could have topped what they did today for AW would have been to put the ball in the net themselves seeing as we couldn't even conjure up an imaginary penalty shout.

Those who watched the Newcastle game should be glad we walked away with something here as our aimless style of attacking is fodder for any serious defensive team..

Anyway getting back to happier things, like our impending divorce, does anyone else think we might do better with a Simone instead of an Enrique? I didn't like the antics by him or his players but I couldn't help but admire the whole team defending as a solid unit and the mettle they showed.

I am honestly not convinced that Enrique and more tippy tappy would be the solution to our decline
    Simeone or Conte would be my top choices. Managers with passion for the game. Fight, spit, grind it out when you have to. We need to get back to that first, before we start talking about our exciting, technical style of play that doesn't actually exist any more. We need some fire on that sideline and a rocket fired up the players' arseholes.

But I can't see that style of manager working well with our effeminate, silver spoon board. Though I guess some of them at least discovered they have balls when the pushed the old git out the door.
    Für eure Sicherheit