User Tag List

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Atletico Madrid v Arsenal (03/05 BT Sport 1, 20:05)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welbeck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the game I thought Welbeck was fouled just before Aleti's goal. Just watched the replay for the first time on tv and I still think it was a foul on Welbeck and I think he actually played well in the first leg. Yes he missed a chance but he wasn't the only one.

I fear Henrikh is no more likely to be a direct goal threat than Wlebeck is and Welbeck is good in the build up play too. I don't think the choice (if one needs to be taken between them) is a actually a clear cut one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    i like Welbeck and think he is worth having in the squad because we aren't going to have 25 superstars. Also he is our 3rd highest scorer which isn't bad as he has been injured a fair bit this year.

Anyway AMN should be given a go ahead of Xhaka, and anyone should play ahead of Mustafi. Mikki will play unless he is injured
    Atleti are disciplined, organised, committed. We need to be the same - as hopeless a task as that seems. But in order to get even close to what's required we can't have the players that are most prone to fucking up starting. Welbeck is one of those players. Either he'll miss a sitter or he'll lose the ball in an horrific way and put a chance on a plate for the opposition. That's too big a risk to carry into the game when you compare it to what he can give us, which is not much.

Sure, he has scored a few. But how many chances did he need? If he must play (and I fear that's the case) it should be in the central role and he should be slapped into understanding he needs to be in the box challenging every time we get the ball wide. His best attribute is probably his heading ability, which is still 50/50 hit and miss. But he's quite good in the air when he gets it right. I just don't want him to play at all though.

I don't know why Wenger can't or won't see these things.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 30-04-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    At the game I thought Welbeck was fouled just before Aleti's goal. Just watched the replay for the first time on tv and I still think it was a foul on Welbeck and I think he actually played well in the first leg. Yes he missed a chance but he wasn't the only one.

I fear Henrikh is no more likely to be a direct goal threat than Wlebeck is and Welbeck is good in the build up play too. I don't think the choice (if one needs to be taken between them) is a actually a clear cut one.
    It was a foul, clear as day.

Trouble is, Welbeck dived 3 times before that trying to win a FK - so when he was actually fouled, the ref didn't believe him and waved play on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post

Maybe he was fouled, maybe not. But what was he thinking when he took on 4 defenders anyway? Where was he planning to go? You know exactly what would have happened, even if he was successful. He'd have checked back and then laid it off. So why take the risk at all? It was idiotic play. It's not the first time he's lost the ball high and put us under pressure.

Of course if Kos wasn't in complete moron mode it wouldn't have cost us so dearly. But our forwards have an extra responsibility to ensure our defenders aren't caught out because we all know what our defenders are capable of. Calamity.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need players with brain cells for this game

That rules out Welbeck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing the ball though...however daft, in the oppositions third should not a goal result.

What I hadn't quite appreciated was just how clown like Mustafi's slip up was that meant he failed to cover Kos's sheepish arse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My starting 11 would be:

Cech
    Bellerin
    any other CB but Mustafi
    Kos
    Montreal
    AMN
    Ramsay
    Jack
    Ozil
    Mkhi
    Laca

However, Wenger will probably go for:

Ospina
    Bellerin
    Mustafi
    Kos
    Monteal
    Xhaka
    Ramsay
    Jack
    Ozil
    Iwobi (or Welbeck)
    Laca

My team would get a draw at least, Wenger's will lose 3-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    We need players with brain cells for this game

That rules out Welbeck
    We could have had Lucas Perez coming on that LW for us. A proper striker instead of an English lad with a great smile.
    Wenger is a muppet.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    My hoped-for possible lineup - i'm thinking three at the back - as i'm sure you can tell...

Ospina
    Bellerin
    Mavropanos
    Holding
    Chambers
    Monreal
    AMN
    Ozil
    Mkhi
    Nelson
    Laca
    You'd play Holding and Chambers?