User Tag List

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Atletico Madrid v Arsenal (03/05 BT Sport 1, 20:05)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps;4451121[B
    ]We need players with brain cells for this game[/B]

That rules out Welbeck
    Have we got any players left who fit that bill?
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 30-04-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atletico has conceded just 18 goals this season in La Liga. With our attack, it'll be a miracle if we score 1.

Final score, 2-0 to Atletico.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Atletico has conceded just 18 goals this season in La Liga. With our attack, it'll be a miracle if we score 1.

Final score, 2-0 to Atletico.
    With our attack which has scored more than anyone apart from Liverpool or City?
    Our problem is keeping them out at the other end. We will definitely concede. I think we can score out there although Atletico admittedly don't ship many goals.
    It's going to be tough but I'm not throwing in the towel just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's our biggest game for 4 years (Hull cup final). We're up against it but I can't fucking wait, hope the players are up for it as well, we need to treat it like we're going to war because Atleti certainly will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    With our attack which has scored more than anyone apart from Liverpool or City?
    Our problem is keeping them out at the other end. We will definitely concede. I think we can score out there although Atletico admittedly don't ship many goals.
    It's going to be tough but I'm not throwing in the towel just yet.
    I should have been specific.. our attack away from home. I didnt look up the stats this season, but I am fairly certain they are dire. Our defense is shit too, but I just do not think we have it in us to score a goal there especially if Wenger plays dogshite players like Welbeck and Iwobi.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been better away in Europe although Atletico are the best team we've faced.
    I actually think Welbeck is a good player, just not a good striker. Which is a problem, given he is one. But he's not as bad as some are making out.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been better away in Europe although Atletico are the best team we've faced.
    I actually think Welbeck is a good player, just not a good striker. Which is a problem, given he is one. But he's not as bad as some are making out.
    If he’s not a good striker when he is supposed to be one then surely that means he is shit?

He doesn’t think when he plays, and recently he has added diving to his game instead of just getting on with it which has caused us to lose possession or concede a few times.

One thing that stands out is when he tries to ‘nick a ball’ from a player.

When a thinking footballer does it, they stick a leg out or leave it trailing and nick the ball away from the opposition player, then they turn and run with it or pass it and get on the attack to take advantage of the situation.

But, watch when Welbeck does it. Just watch him. He will leave the leg in and nick the ball..... then it’s like he had no idea that it would actually work. He just stands there, like a rabbit trapped in the headlights, only for said opposition to come and take the ball back off him.

It happpens nearly every time he tries to do it. Useless.

We need better than him Letters, surely you can at least agree on that?
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 30-04-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    If he’s not a good striker when he is supposed to be one then surely that means he is shit?
    I don't think he's a "dogshite player", as FY stated. I think he's a pretty skilful player although his finishing is poor

We need better than him Letters, surely you can at least agree on that?
    Yes, I do agree that.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he's a "dogshite player", as FY stated. I think he's a pretty skilful player although his finishing is poor

Yes, I do agree that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If everything goes our way then i can just about see us getting a 2-2 which would take us through

but that would only really be if Wenger played a good starting lineup which as we know he will not...