User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Atletico match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We've had a fair bit of success in cup competitions of late to be fair so I don't entirely agree..
    This season has been a bloody disaster, Europa League could have mitigated somewhat but Atletico are the better team.
    I don't even think we "bottled it" last night, I just don't think we're good enough.
    Atletico are a very good side... they are 2nd in La Liga and we are 6th. It would have been a shock of sorts for us to go through but we did have a great chance to put the game to bed in the first leg but messed up.

I do think though that most sides and fans would love to swap places with us in reality. We have won trophies recently after all, look at all the other teams that haven't done anything in years. I do think the mitigation our complaints are that we pay some of the highest ticket prices in the world so we should expect a level of competitiveness at the top table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just didn't look like we wanted it most of the time. We bottled it, couldn't handle it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    I do think though that most sides and fans would love to swap places with us in reality. We have won trophies recently after all, look at all the other teams that haven't done anything in years. I do think the mitigation our complaints are that we pay some of the highest ticket prices in the world so we should expect a level of competitiveness at the top table.
    People do go overboard. We are under-performing, given our resources. And, quite honestly, last couple of years I'd rather watch Spurs than Arsenal
    But, actually, what have they got to show for it? Bugger all, that's what. The trophy cabinet is surplus to requirements once again.
    Last year who actually had a better season than us? Chelsea were champions, Utd won the Europa League and the League Cup but who else?
    Spurs? They finished 2nd, we finished 5th and won the FA Cup. So while they certainly had the better league season and were, let's face it, the better side, we ended up with another trophy, once which they haven't won since 1991.
    The problem is the Emirates was built on the promise that it would let us compete with anyone and we just haven't. In the early years the finances were tight because of the stadium and the billionaires were running amok but we have the money to compete now so that excuse is wearing thin. I don't think we'll be sweeping all aside each year from now on but I do expect us to be far more competitive, and with our resources we really should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The excuse is wearing thin? I should say so.

Our football is shit. As we saw again last night. That's what (I suspect) a large section of the fan base has a problem with. Even you say you'd rather watch the spuds. Personally I wouldn't and don't, but each to their own. The football we play is shit because of one man. And it's shit because of the mistakes, the failings, the stubbornness, the mediocrity, vanity, stupidity this one man has inflicted for years.

Yes, he's going now and damn good riddance to rubbish. Once a new guy comes in and wipes all traces of Wenger's shitball away the attitude of the fans will change. That's why spuds all over the country are happy and we're not. They enjoy watching football. We suffer it. Trophies for the spuds are icing they are working towards. Trophies for us have been used to smear shit over the cracks.

Wenger is shit and his football is shit. Money, trophies, refs, the wrong type of rain nor any other misdirection changes these basic truths.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That last bit is funny from someone always moaning about referees. But when Wenger says it...
    But anyway, he's leaving so going red in the face isn't achieving anything any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That last bit is funny from someone always moaning about referees. But when Wenger says it...
    But anyway, he's leaving so going red in the face isn't achieving anything any more.
    But anyway, he's leaving, so let's keep pretending all that other stuff excuses him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Still doing the straw man stuff? Fair enough

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    We just didn't look like we wanted it most of the time. We bottled it, couldn't handle it.
    I don't see how losing to a better side than us is bottling it, they're a side who are better than us and are like we used to be when we were "1-0 to the Arsenal".
    Never likely to be a goal-fest. BUT, we didn't do enough, didn't ask enough questions, never looked seriously like scoring.
    Some games you come out of thinking "well how the hell did we lose that?" but last night wasn't one of those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banned then unbanned

Letters giving me 2nd chances

Mahatma Letters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently we earned more than Utd did in Europe by getting to the semi's

Just hope someone like Allegri doesn't rule us out based on no champions league next season. If he came here we could easily win the Europa and push on.