User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Atletico match reaction

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    The worst of this is how it will impact on us making progress next year. Having a new manager with CL to offer to new signings may have helped speed up sorting out this travesty of a mess our Club is in now.

Wenger didn’t relegate us like Clough did to Forest, but it sure feels like it right now.
    Dunno. We've got far more going for us than Chelsea and City had when they started throwing money at players.
    If you drive big enough trucks of money up to their mansions and hire a manager who they think will take us in the right direction then I don't think it will be an issue.
    I think last season when Chelsea won the league they weren't in Europe at all? It's not the worst thing as a one off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically Wenger for the past several years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Dunno. We've got far more going for us than Chelsea and City had when they started throwing money at players.
    If you drive big enough trucks of money up to their mansions and hire a manager who they think will take us in the right direction then I don't think it will be an issue.
    I think last season when Chelsea won the league they weren't in Europe at all? It's not the worst thing as a one off.
    We don't pay as much as they do in the transfer window usually nor do we usually pay such big wages. It might change now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes but even when Burnley finish above us (which i really think they will) we'll still be in the nohoper league...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in this thing again next year.

Though maybe we can win it with a better manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only managed to catch the last 25 mins but wasn't great.

I just want a new manager to inject some positivity and directness in our play again. Get rid of this slow paced ineffective sideways passing in the final third.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We're in this thing again next year.

Though maybe we can win it with a better manager.
    It's a big incentive with CL on offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    He's completely destroyed his legacy and going out on a complete wimp

Hope he gets boo'd on at the weekend
    He won't get booed. What we're going to get now is a long, excruciating goodbye . That's the only interest left in our season and the media will be all over it. It's be vomitous.

The real damage this guy has done to the club, his lack of respect for the fans, his stubborn insistence in the face of overwhelming evidence, his massive ego, his crushing vanity, all of it will be washed away.

It's wrong he'll get off so easy. He should be judged on 22 years, not 8.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Only managed to catch the last 25 mins but wasn't great.

I just want a new manager to inject some positivity and directness in our play again. Get rid of this slow paced ineffective sideways passing in the final third.
    That would be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    It's a big incentive with CL on offer.
    Maybe we should bother with the league next year. If it's not too much to ask.