User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Atletico match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All seems so ridiculous now. The thought we had even the slightest possible chance. Hope does that to you. The bitch.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I think we need two new centre backs, Kos will be out long term and we need to get rid of Mustafi.

Keep Chambers and Holding, I have hope they can develop under a new manager.
    Think Chambers and Holding can develop a partnership together but with another experienced good defender to assist.

On the performance, cant believe the stat about 57 crosses over 2 legs. That's insane, the crossing by Monreal was awful.

Madrid are a top side, 2nd in La Liga, we are 6th for a reason.

I have no issue with another year in the Europa league, it was more enjoyable than the CL efforts. also it really shouldn't affect getting a new manager and players in (it will be but shouldn't). a manager should have confidence & ability to be able to push us into the CL places and not take the easy option of being in the CL in the first place. We are the 3rd biggest club in the country need to start acting like it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He should be judged on 22 years, not 8.
    He absolutely is being - that's why people are glad he's going rather than wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    But the last decade - which hasn't been a complete car crash, the FA Cups do some damage limitation - doesn't meant the 8 years didn't happen either.
    He built pretty much the best club I've seen and transformed the club and by extension the English game.
    As I've said before, he was a man ahead of his time but that time was 20 years ago.
    It's very rare for a manager to stay at a club for as long as he has and to maintain the level of success as he had at the start of his reign, I can only really think of Fergie who managed it.
    He goes with much less good will than he could have but I'm not going to call him every name under the sun because those 8 years did happen and I suspect we may never see the like again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    All seems so ridiculous now. The thought we had even the slightest possible chance. Hope does that to you. The bitch.
    I know man, I’m still gutted.

The lack of urgency and belief was astonishing. If we were still playing now we wouldn’t be any closer to scoring.

The times we did get into promising wide areas the final delivery was pathetic. When we had some half chances through the centre we proceeded to take way too many touches because no one wanted the responsibility.

There weren’t any scrambles, a “get it in the mixer” moment, a moment of misfortune, a wonder save from Oblak, it was all just cowardly nonsense that typifies this team and the second half of Wenger’s tenure.

What a way to go out. If anything the news of his departure has had the opposite effect to what we had hoped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I am going to call him every name under the sun because this last season is beyond forgiveness. All the years before it, they could have been balanced against his winning years and he'd have still come out on top. But when he engineered that last contract he showed what the club and the fans really mean to him. The mask was ripped away.

He's not a killer or a rapist or a politician or something absolutely awful like that. But, as human beings go, he's in the scumbag half of the human race nonetheless.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine. You are entitled to your opinion but you are in a tiny minority, I don't think many Arsenal fans see it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Martin Keown.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post
    BT Sport and their whole crew are pathetic. And Keown has been one of the most pathetic of the lot. By all means, criticise Ozil. But what about the others? And what about the elephant in the room? Bellerin got some flak.

Danny Welbeck though? Too English.

Wenger? Well he's a saint. Let down by these players again, no doubt Martin.

And the last set of players. And the set of players before that...

And the set before that.

Poor Wenger. What's an untouchable to do?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Fine. You are entitled to your opinion but you are in a tiny minority, I don't think many Arsenal fans see it that way.
    There are many, many instances where the truth is ignored in favour of misplaced sentiment. This is just another case.
    Für eure Sicherheit