User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Leicester 3-1 Random Team

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're like the perfect team for teams that need confidence to play against.

Leicester just thrashed by both Palace & Hammers, players already on their holidays and with murmurings of discontent towards the manager ..... not a problem you've got Arsenal where you can sort things out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did our new defender deserve his red?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Did our new defender deserve his red?
    Close call. Clear foul but Holding may have had it covered as the last man. We’re speculating though, Iheanacho is quick and would have been away.

Sloppy from the Greek kid but he’ll learn. I can say that confidently now knowing he won’t be coached by you know who.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone explain our away form in comparison to home form?

Not about Wenger, just tactically, mentality-wise?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I think the difference is them winning the title in Fergie's last season was ridiculous with that squad, they massively over-performed.
    We are massively under-performing with our squad so I don't think it'll take as much to have a positive impact if we get the right manager.
    I agree with you
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Gunner View Post
    Can anyone explain our away form in comparison to home form?

Not about Wenger, just tactically, mentality-wise?
    There is no one reason (unless you badge it all up under “Wenger”).

However, it has been said countless times that we set ourselves up to play the same way every game, no matter the opposition.

Logic dictates that a team coming to to The Emirates will be naturally more protective and will sit back a little more. Most of our concessions at home often come from a counter attack where we lose the ball with players committed and no defensive shape...

When our opposition is on their home turf, they’re naturally more positive, being the home sides perogative. If more teams visiting us (not just the big boys) showed more adventure, they might learn to inflict the same sort of damage at our place....which was the worry sign, because that was the next step in our fall frome grace IMO.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn’t surprised we lost and I suspect we will keep our 100% losing record with a defeat at Huddersfield at the weekend.

The new manager really has his work cut out repairing or should I say instilling a “Winning is everything” mentality into these bunch of losers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we can at least pub something at Huddersfield. This pitiful record needs to do one so we and the new manager can start with a clean slate next season. Don’t want this remnant of Wenger hanging over us all summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I think the difference is them winning the title in Fergie's last season was ridiculous with that squad, they massively over-performed.
    We are massively under-performing with our squad so I don't think it'll take as much to have a positive impact if we get the right manager.
    For there to be under-performance, there first has to be some kind of good performance to begin with no? I'd like to know on what evidence are we under-performing? It can't be the league because we've finished 5th and 6th now, with this season in particular breaking all sorts of records for being shit. We choked in the League Cup final (why couldn't we raise it again like we did for Chelsea last year?), we froze when presented with a huge opportunity to reach the EL final and we've been soundly beaten by all of the teams above us bar Chelsea who we drew twice with.

Sure we have some decent players who would benefit from a better coach but we haven't been anywhere near the title for a long time and the league performance has got progressively worse. The cup win last year was a minor miracle but if anything that probably suggests we over-performed on the day because everything either side of that final has been atrocious. It was a huge anomaly of a victory.

We probably should be doing better but I think the new manager has a big task on because I don't think this squad has shown enough to suggest it can do better, there have been far more troughs than there have peaks. There are a lot of run of the mill players in this squad who should count themselves lucky to be playing for a club as big as Arsenal.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 10-05-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    There is no one reason (unless you badge it all up under “Wenger”).

However, it has been said countless times that we set ourselves up to play the same way every game, no matter the opposition.

Logic dictates that a team coming to to The Emirates will be naturally more protective and will sit back a little more. Most of our concessions at home often come from a counter attack where we lose the ball with players committed and no defensive shape...

When our opposition is on their home turf, they’re naturally more positive, being the home sides perogative. If more teams visiting us (not just the big boys) showed more adventure, they might learn to inflict the same sort of damage at our place....which was the worry sign, because that was the next step in our fall frome grace IMO.
    Yes. Agreed. Wenger's next trick would be to plunge us into a relegation battle, as improbable as that sounds. Almost as improbable as us losing every single away game in 2018 so far. Every team would be looking at this tail end of the season and salivating at the thought of getting their teeth into us, home or away. The sad truth is easy to see. When teams give us undue credit and respect, which happens when they visit the Emirates, and they allow us to play our silly Wengerball then we win. But if they put even a hint of pressure on us, we fold.

It's not that the players are terrible cowards or powderpuff weaklings. It's the utter nonsense Wenger is demanding of them. A thousand passes. No shots. Nobody in the box when the cross comes in. No defending. Empty flanks where opponents roam free. The extra sideways pass. The extra touch in the box. A nightmarishly pointless vision of football that literally ends up pointless should our intricate insanity be disrupted in even the slightest manner.

Wenger's teams play good football. If they are allowed to. To this day the change from fast, powerful, direct and technical football to pitter patter football by a thousand passes is killing us. Wenger's biggest and most inexplicable mistake of all. Which is why the mad discrepancy between our home and away form can't possibly be explained without talking about Wenger. It's all about him. Arsene FC.

90 more minutes and that ends. It's a miracle.
    Für eure Sicherheit