User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match Reaction vs Hudderfield (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What this squad needs is a manager of real experience and authority.

I love Arteta, but no.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the fact he wasn't 100% against managing another prem club....

Very uneasy about that.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    What this squad needs is a manager of real experience and authority.

I love Arteta, but no.
    This so much.

If we were coming off consistent top fours and a recent title win or two then I wouldn't mind taking a punt on Arteta but our current position is so perilous. Teams like Everton & Newcastle (with Rafa) will be chomping at the bit to try and supplant us and we can easily fall even further behind with the wrong appointment.

It has to be someone with experience and ideal a proven winner. Allegri is the man. This will be a test of Ivan's ability to sell the club and the vision he has for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The biggest mystery for me this season is the gap between our home and away form.
    At home we were 2nd only to City, away we were very mid-table, winning 4 away games all season is pathetic.
    We know we're capable of better than that away from home, compared with the last couple of seasons it's a real outlier. Sort that out next season and a similar home form and we'd be back in the top 4, or certainly in the mix. I don't think we're title contenders right now but I don't buy we're in quite the mess some people on here suppose.

I'm looking forward to next season, it will at least be different and after a fair bit of Groundhog Day that can only be a good thing.
    I think home V away is not really a distinction worth making. As you say, some years we're better at home, some years we're better away. Also, there's nothing obvious that explains why that is the case.

I can only hope Arteta realises how difficult it was for him to partner a 'midfielder' (read: forward) Ramsey who is a selfish cunt that gets praise because of fantasy football points. Ozil, Wilshere, Mkitaryan and Aubameyang would give me some hope that we could be good to watch. If we bin Xhaka, Ramsey, Lacazette and Welbeck, we might have enough money to bring in players who have a first touch.