User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Sweepstakes Redux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

They say stupid shit at times (don't we all?) but generally they're alright and provide net positive contributions to this place.

At any rate, when GW barely has any members left is it wise for you as an admin to exacerbate Syn's stupid clique BS of "top posters" and alienate everyone else including one of the only real new posters we've got lately (Goonermaree)?
    Letters continuining his fine form of doing a crap job

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh is this the part you say QED? At least do it properly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies, don't check in here that often so don't know posts regularly or not. Just reeled off posters I remembered. I meant to say this place has a small group of regular posters and didn't expect Letters to be influenced by tabloid propaganda. Southgate's a cunt and so are most of the England players. Hope Croatia smash them today. Despite my best efforts I cant get behind this lot at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harsh.

I mean, footballers in general are not particularly likeable these days. But as I said I don't need to invite them round for tea, I'm just enjoying the way they've played and they conduct themselves well even if that is highly stage-managed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Harsh.

I mean, footballers in general are not particularly likeable these days. But as I said I don't need to invite them round for tea, I'm just enjoying the way they've played and they conduct themselves well even if that is highly stage-managed.
    I don't know how much they are being 'staged managed', I think part of it is that they are genuinely pleased and proud to be playing for England. For that reason, I can get behind them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    I don't know how much they are being 'staged managed', I think part of it is that they are genuinely pleased and proud to be playing for England. For that reason, I can get behind them.
    They all get a lot of media training these days, how to present themselves.
    But that doesn't stop a lot of them behaving like utter cocks most of the time. These lot don't seem to be like that. It may just be perception but perception is important.

Feeling slightly sick at the thought we could be in a World Cup Final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all get a lot of media training these days, how to present themselves.
    But that doesn't stop a lot of them behaving like utter cocks most of the time. These lot don't seem to be like that. It may just be perception but perception is important.

Feeling slightly sick at the thought we could be in a World Cup Final
    Yeh, I know they get media training, the media does try to trip them up into saying something that they can make a sensation out of though, so the younger players especially need that. Mostly, they all seem to be low key. I don't have the same feeling that we're going through as I did in the other matches, I don't know if that's because there is more at stake now. I'm sure I felt 50-50 v Sweden as well. Maybe I just don't feel as excited yet, that may come as the hours go by.

I feel more sick at the thought that we don't make it having come so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    I feel more sick at the thought that we don't make it having come so far.
    Yes, there is a school of thought that it's worse losing in the semi-final than the final, at least you got there.
    Sweden I felt was 50:50. Today...dunno, we definitely have a decent chance. Heart says we're going through , head says we're going to mess it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there is a school of thought that it's worse losing in the semi-final than the final, at least you got there.
    Sweden I felt was 50:50. Today...dunno, we definitely have a decent chance. Heart says we're going through , head says we're going to mess it up
    Third and fourth place play offs are so flat, we need to be there to the end.