Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Sweepstakes Redux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    How to win friends an influence people.
    That list is laughable, if anything it has some of the worst posters on here, so you have to take it as a compliment you're not on the list.
    Last edited by Özim; 09-07-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Nothing, I guess.
    I don't really care who England players play for though.
    I guess it would be nice if Arsenal were producing more talent. I'm not sure if I care which nationality they are.
    In principle it would be nice if they were English, maybe I've just become numb to how multi-national clubs are these days.
    I understand if people aren’t enthusiastic about the players but I don’t think supporting a team should be dependent on what players they have. There are a host of Arsenal players I haven’t been particularly fond of for a few seasons but my support for them and the team is still there. As I said, you ether support England or you don’t. If you don’t that is absolutely fine but for me personally I’ve always wanted to see a successful national team.

Unsurprisingly a lot of match going England fans tend to be supporters of lower league clubs, fans who aren’t caught up and conflicted with these trivial Premier League rivalries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the Arsenal stuff is heavily manufactured and their ‘banter’ is just as false. The real truth is fans mostly only ‘like’ players if they are performing well for the club. And there’s no problem with that. It’s the same for England. This isn’t a personality contest but a competition to win and if they get close, as they are, then you like the team as an entity, not for the individuals who make it up. Our decisions about whether we like or dislike players is based on what we see on a football pitch in most cases. It’s hardly the best way to judge someone’s character.

It’s the same rubbish used by fans who say “I’d get behind the team if they give their all.” Except they wouldn’t. It’s as much of a cop out as blaming the personality of footballers on why you can’t support them. Losing a load of games doesn’t necessarily mean you’re not giving your all as it can just as easily mean you don’t have the quality to win them. But losing a lot of games would see fans turn against the team, no matter how hard they may be ‘trying’.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I want England to win and I've been getting behind them all the way through. But in all honesty I find it almost embarrassing that they're doing so well and there aren't any Arsenal players in the squad to represent us. Apart from Welbeck, the guy who could only get 10 minutes off the bench of the reserve team...
    as soon as England turn their back on Arsenal players taught and guided by Wenger they get to a world cup semi final

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Letters, you, GP, MS, LDG and Maccy are about the only sensible posters left here.
    Zim
    Cripps
    WUMs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    That list is laughable, if anything it has some of the worst posters on here, so you have to take it as a compliment you're not on the list.
    Yes, we definitely need more WUMs on here who whine their tits off about absolutely everything.
    Those are the really good posters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a good thing or bad thing for me?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unaibomber View Post
    Is this a good thing or bad thing for me?
    It means you can't put "Made Syn's 'Sensible Goonersweb Posters' List, 2018" on your CV.

So probably a good thing.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Has Southgate done anything wrong so far? Every decision he's made has been spot on.

Dropped Rooney
    Dropped Hart
    Changed formation
    Promoted youth
    Tactically good
    Implemented his own style
    Good with the media
    Instilled belief
    Reconnected with fans

No chance we would have gotten this far under Woy or Big Sam, under Woy there were diabolical performances even against minnows.

We've got to a world cup semi final, something no-one thought we would do. Whatever happens we're on the right track.

Big nose

Anti-England doom and gloomers

Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Zim
    Cripps
    WUMs

They say stupid shit at times (don't we all?) but generally they're alright and provide net positive contributions to this place.

At any rate, when GW barely has any members left is it wise for you as an admin to exacerbate Syn's stupid clique BS of "top posters" and alienate everyone else including one of the only real new posters we've got lately (Goonermaree)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh grow up
    They can dish it out a bit, I'm sure they can take it...