User Tag List

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Unai Emery - Confirmed as the New Arsenal Manager - ORNSTEINNNN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good little video where he talks about his philosophy. Plenty of detail, tactics and video analysis seems to be his remit. Great news.

https://youtu.be/xdcF3AJX2Ks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/stat...08732782694406

Well we've just completely burned our bridges with Arteta. If he turns out to be the excellent coach everyone predicts he'll be, there's no way he's ever coming here again in the future.

Really handled this poorly and I hope Ivan is smart enough not to let "potential fan backlash" influence his decision making at all.
    Tbf, the employer has the right to interview candidates and choose the person they feel is most suitable. That, by it's nature, means the other candidates miss out. And the club hasn't been speaking, nor has Arteta and (given the shock nature of the news) neither has Emery, so all these quotes and stories and other bullshit are invented and have no bearing on the reality.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of Sevilla’s Europa League semi-final win over Fiorentina their manager, Unai Emery, sought out the winger Joaquín, embraced him, put an arm around his shoulder and walked him through a detailed tactical analysis, explaining precisely how the plan had come together. None of which would be particularly unusual, except that Joaquín does not play for Sevilla; he plays for Fiorentina. “I told him: ‘We spent three days working on how to stop you, first with videos and then on the training pitch,’” Emery says. “And he was like: ‘Yeah, yeah, I know.’”

https://amp.theguardian.com/football...mpression=true

Emery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    Who really cares what he thinks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/stat...08732782694406

Well we've just completely burned our bridges with Arteta. If he turns out to be the excellent coach everyone predicts he'll be, there's no way he's ever coming here again in the future.

Really handled this poorly and I hope Ivan is smart enough not to let "potential fan backlash" influence his decision making at all.
    Frankly Arteta should be grateful he was even being considered. I don't see anyone else lining up to offer him a job so why should our club be the guinea pig?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That won't even register with the know nothings and their audience. They'll just roll on to the next set of made up bullshit rumours as if nothing happened.
    i am pretty sure there was speculation regarding Emery, he was 2nd favourite with the bookies on Sunday so hardly a shock appointment!!!

However, the more I read the more excited I am getting. level of analysis, details around the players. I look forward to us getting back 4th place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zero trophies of note though. The French league is a given. The Europa league is for clubs who can't cut it in the grown up tournament. This is the same situation as Wenger and the FA Cup. Big trophy? Second rate trophy? We know the answer.

But we'll give him a chance and see if he can step up his game to challenge the big teams.
    To be fair he won the Europa League years in a row (which would be hard to do) and they beat Liverpool who seemed to be destined to win it in the final, convincingly as well, he also did everything but win the CL at PSG and this season Real the finalists beat them, they were pretty impressive up to that point.

In addition you were happy with Arteta who not only has won nothing, he's never even managed in his life, this is big upgrade over him. Thought PSG really impressed when they played us as well and they topped the group with Bayern in it this season.

IMO he's a very good manager and will do some good at the club, his style of play is also easy on the eye.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    IMO he's a very good manager and will do some good at the club, his style of play is also easy on the eye.
    Right! Right!
    Quoting this.
    Zim has said something positive!

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf, the employer has the right to interview candidates and choose the person they feel is most suitable. That, by it's nature, means the other candidates miss out. And the club hasn't been speaking, nor has Arteta and (given the shock nature of the news) neither has Emery, so all these quotes and stories and other bullshit are invented and have no bearing on the reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Frankly Arteta should be grateful he was even being considered. I don't see anyone else lining up to offer him a job so why should our club be the guinea pig?
    Agreed on both counts that Arteta should have been happy with just an interview but by accounts we've strung him along and given the impression that he was going to be appointed (apparently he was planning on what backroom staff to bring along over the weekend) only to pull the rug from his feet at the last minute after Ivan potentially got cold feet.

We've also pissed of Vieira as well with our approach to him which according to him was purely a gesture so much so that Ian Wright was blasting the club last night for "tokenism".

It's not so much not appointing either of those two but the manner in which we contacted & dealt with them that seems completely amateur. We've done it a way that possibly rules out any future involvement here which if either turns out to be world class coaches in the future, we're going to feel very silly about. FFS Ivan.