User Tag List

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Unai Emery - Confirmed as the New Arsenal Manager - ORNSTEINNNN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So disappointing.

Really thought Emery could have been the kind of modern coach we had all pined for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Great news, decent manager in charge rather than some nobody! Get in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Arteta

Gald we didn't settle for a mickey mouse manager, so glad we didn't give this guy the job, never really liked him much as a player and for all his words about wanting to be at Arsenal he was quick to be out the door.
    Haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Has zim how he always thought emery wasnt the right person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't want to sound negative at the time but I was very dubious about Emery's away record. Seems he can't get a tune at home neither right now. He's not a manager for a top club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Sorry for singling you out, but this had to be pulled out from the vaults.

I wish you'd been right.

FFS.

Haha fucking ell I don’t know what I’m taking about! But seriously many of us were excited to be getting PSG’s manager and one of the most successful ones at the time.

He’s clearly not for to manage us and really I think it’s time to go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Jason Burt:*Arsenal players will have to get used to extremely detailed, and lengthy, video analysis sessions*under Unai Emery. Their new head coach leaves no stone unturned. The Spaniard is forensic in his ways of working and demanding in his attention.*
    Right. I’m not going to lol at Cripps for his other posts in this thread but this was a common expectation when Emery came to us. One of Wenger’s big failings was not seeming to prepare us for the opposition. Emery was said to be meticulous in his preparation for each game but there’s precious little evidence of that. I can’t even see the way he’s trying to get us playing, there doesn’t seem to me any particular plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. I’m not going to lol at Cripps for his other posts in this thread but this was a common expectation when Emery came to us. One of Wenger’s big failings was not seeming to prepare us for the opposition. Emery was said to be meticulous in his preparation for each game but there’s precious little evidence of that. I can’t even see the way he’s trying to get us playing, there doesn’t seem to me any particular plan.
    What she said...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Think Arteta made a demand and that was that.

Emery, Sevilla work is good but PSG work is not good as they won the league after Monaco sold all their players including one to PSG. No different from Brendan Rodgers.

But listening to what the experts say, he should be a good appointment. used to working in this new arsenal structure. has tactics and plays high intensity. so we only need to sign 11 new players. actually we can keep welz as he runs around a lot too.

Anyway he is experienced so it should be interesting to see how things develop. Overall not a bad appointment. although give it 2 months til Ozim starts complaining and begging for Wenger to come back
    Not overly optimistic. Although was wrong and being no different to rodgers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wishful thinking and I actually thought PSG played some decent football and attacked well when he was in charge, sadly it seems that was more due to Neymar than Emery and our football is awful, attacking is average and defence is dreadful.

Everyone gets it wrong sometime, oone could have envisaged this guy would have turned out as bad as he has, he was never first choice for me, or indeed one of the top picks but I preferred him over Arteta who would have been just as bad. I'm quick shocked at how bad Emery has been though, no leadership, no plan, illogical decisions and no improvement in any area which considering how average we were is pretty shocking.

What we needed is a bettr shortlist with the likes of Allegri, Simeone and Ancelotti on it, sadly Gazidis was in charge and over his tenure with he failed to deliver on every occasion.