User Tag List

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Unai Emery - Confirmed as the New Arsenal Manager - ORNSTEINNNN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MattSpiro: Emery a huge change from Wenger in terms of tactical work and meticulous planning. Life on Arsenal training ground about to change significantly.

Ivan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guy who had a bigger budget available to him than Tony Stark and Thanos put together wasn't afraid to buy players? And that's even if he had any say in any purchasing matters?

The level of eejiterry never ceases to astound.

Let's see what he'll do with four Our Price vouchers and a Tesco coupon at Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rally happy with this, this guy is a tactical genius and a proven winner. He has won loads of shit despite the fact he’s 44. I love the way his teams play and his attention to detail when it comes to formations, tactics, positions etc.

Much better than Arteta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ORNSTEIN
    You have to laugh at these chancers. Nobody was mentioning Emery a week ago. Now the "insiders" are "breaking" the news
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly don't know what to make of this.

I was up for Emery earlier just because of my worries about Arteta's lack of managerial experience but after reading NQ's post in the other thread and reading more opinions on him I'm actually pretty concerned now ......

The guy had the fourth highest wage bill in La Liga yet Sevilla finished 5th, 5th & 7th including a disastrous season where they didn't win an away game all season (inb4 he'll fit right in). This was masked by the consecutive EL wins though that was driven by them failing miserably in the CL and crashing out in the group stages. And winning the league at PSG isn't a hard accomplishment ..... heck I could probably do it - yet he managed to lose out one year to Jardim.

Fuck it, I've actually sort of reversed my mind from earlier and now would almost prefer Arteta ...... at least there is a vision and a much higher ceiling.

Don't buy the spin that Emery was always their guy emanating from the Arsenal PR room - I think either Ivan got cold feet over Arteta or something happened (Arteta demanded more say on transfers?). Either way Ivan and his "process" look completely amateur.

He has my full support but I'll be honest, he doesn't have as much leeway for me as the others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    @MattSpiro: Emery a huge change from Wenger in terms of tactical work and meticulous planning. Life on Arsenal training ground about to change significantly.

Ivan
    That lazy **** Ozil must be shitting himself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, he has worked his way up from the lower divisions in Spain and has guided Valencia to 3 successive 3rd place finishes and of course won 3 europas with Seville.

In a way this is the ideal candidate we were hoping for. Only issue I can see is he doesn’t speak very good English.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You have to laugh at these chancers. Nobody was mentioning Emery a week ago. Now the "insiders" are "breaking" the news
    Would be interesting to know exactly what happened. This came totally out of the blue. Did Arteta make too many demands? Did Ivan get cold feet over an inexperienced manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Honestly don't know what to make of this.

I was up for Emery earlier just because of my worries about Arteta's lack of managerial experience but after reading NQ's post in the other thread and reading more opinions on him I'm actually pretty concerned now ......

The guy had the fourth highest wage bill in La Liga yet Sevilla finished 5th, 5th & 7th including a disastrous season where they didn't win an away game all season (inb4 he'll fit right in). This was masked by the consecutive EL wins though that was driven by them failing miserably in the CL and crashing out in the group stages. And winning the league at PSG isn't a hard accomplishment ..... heck I could probably do it - yet he managed to lose out one year to Jardim.

Fuck it, I've actually sort of reversed my mind from earlier and now would almost prefer Arteta ...... at least there is a vision and a much higher ceiling.

Don't buy the spin that Emery was always their guy emanating from the Arsenal PR room - I think either Ivan got cold feet over Arteta or something happened (Arteta demanded more say on transfers?). Either way Ivan and his "process" look completely amateur.

He has my full support but I'll be honest, he doesn't have as much leeway for me as the others.
    Only at Arsenal would fans prefer a guy that has won nothing to a treble winning, 3 time European trophy winner