User Tag List

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Unai Emery - Confirmed as the New Arsenal Manager - ORNSTEINNNN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I know. And by the end I wanted him gone too - for his own good as much as ours.

Which would be fine had they not, every time I pointed out that obviously he's not the worst manager around, say I was "sucking his cock" and double down on the assertion.
    Which is why I'm now taking the opportunity to say "I bloody told you so!"

Yes, that could be proof of how terrible he is. Or it could be that...he's 70.
    As (I think it was) MO said, how many people are better at doing their job in their 60s than they were in their 30s and 40s?
    You often use the fact that he's not managed since us as a smoking gun of something. Clearly at 70 he's not at the peak of his powers.
    But was he as bad as you claimed? The results since he left shows that no, no he wasn't.

So we had a big, terrible squad, a manager with all the failings you site and yet it was only in his last season we were far short of the top 4. I'm sure that makes sense in your head somewhere.
    maybe he just means relatively terrible compared to the invincibles... although I hope its obvious that the squad cant be terrible and finish 6th. the squad wasn't as good as it should be.

as you say though... Emery should be easy to get rid of... no history, no credit in the bank. a very good summer of transfers and yet we are worse. it can only be down to the manager. buy a player for 70m then pick a formation that he doesn't fit in to. pay a guy 350k a week and only play him when you have no real choice and its obvious there is no creativity in the side.

defensively we are still weak and we don't even have mustafi to blame anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised to hear Ty for AFTV say he wouldn't have Wenger back.

I think if he were the only option I'd happily swap Emery for Wenger for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we still talking about a man who left here 18 months and was a truly terrible manager for at least his last season here and maybe a few years before that ?

It is NOT a case of Emery or Wenger because there is no-one else.

Emery was left with some useless players that Wenger signed and he did well last season, although it was very disappointing to miss out on the top 4.

Emery has gone backwards this season with some strange tactics/team selections and even stranger substitutions.

Emery should go NOW but the Arsenal board are very very weak.

Wenger should be forgotten once and for all, If Bayern want him, and I can't believe they do, then they are crazy and must be fed up of winning league titles or anything else for that matter.

From now on, its the boards fault as Emery cannot improve things but getting rid of him and getting somebody better, will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know. And by the end I wanted him gone too - for his own good as much as ours.
    Yes you did, but it took you quite some time to get there!

Which would be fine had they not, every time I pointed out that obviously he's not the worst manager around, say I was "sucking his cock" and double down on the assertion.
    Which is why I'm now taking the opportunity to say "I bloody told you so!"
    In some ways to Arsenal fan he was, he was the epitomy of how stale and uncompetitive the club had become, but that's neither here nor there, plenty of people could come out and say I told you so about countless things, they generally don't. Moreover, Wenger is a big reason why we are in the position we are today, uncompetitive and unambitious.

Yes, that could be proof of how terrible he is. Or it could be that...he's 70.
    As (I think it was) MO said, how many people are better at doing their job in their 60s than they were in their 30s and 40s?
    You often use the fact that he's not managed since us as a smoking gun of something. Clearly at 70 he's not at the peak of his powers.
    But was he as bad as you claimed? The results since he left shows that no, no he wasn't..
    I personally think it is, he lost his job a year and a half ago, I think there were claims he there were countless options available from memory, if he was good enough people wouldn't think twice, just like if Ferguson had chosen to move on after Man U, clubs would hav been jumping at the chance to sign him, not the case with Wenger because his stock has fallen massively and it's been recognised that for many year he just hadn't performed to the level required by a top club.

So we had a big, terrible squad, a manager with all the failings you site and yet it was only in his last season we were far short of the top 4. I'm sure that makes sense in your head somewhere.
    Firstly we signed a few players in the 1st summer which helped somewhat, but as I said our squad is bigger than many others and we have two top strikers, when Wenger there were maybe 4 or 5 players worth keeping in the entire squad, we were very much lacking in quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you starting to see now that while Wenger was "a" problem, he was far from the only problem and replacing him was not going to be a silver bullet?
    'Cos every time I said that I got the boring "stop sucking Wenger's cock" nonsense too. #justsayin'
    I never once said he was the only problem, I'm aware of the other issues, but realistically he was the only one that could be removed and replaced, sadly those employed to find a replacement weren't willing to do what it takes to bring in a top/proven manager, instead they brought Emery in, who was a better choice than Arteta someone who had never managed a game in his life (that was the only other choice right?) and on paper perhaps to those who didn't know too much about his career looked like a decent 2nd tier choice, but hearing the noises from fans of previous clubs and some of the events in his career perhaps it's a bit clearer he was unlikely to be the right fit.

To go through an entire season without an away with at Sevilla, never progress in the CL and always ending up in the EL and having fans calling him negative and not wanting back, as well as his relative failure at PSG where he was outdone by Monaco despite having the riches of PSG behind him maybe should have been things those employing him had considered before doing so, I do think the bigger issue is that he is a weak manager, Neymar showed this at PSG and his time at Arsenal also shows this with the fallouts and how he's been made to look bad by his own players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you starting to see now that while Wenger was "a" problem, he was far from the only problem and replacing him was not going to be a silver bullet?
    'Cos every time I said that I got the boring "stop sucking Wenger's cock" nonsense too. #justsayin'
    Stop sucking his dick bruh
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Stop sucking his dick bruh
    NEVER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger can be crossed off the list to replace Emery now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Wenger can be crossed off the list to replace Emery now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    To go through an entire season without an away with at Sevilla, never progress in the CL and always ending up in the EL and having fans calling him negative and not wanting back, as well as his relative failure at PSG where he was outdone by Monaco despite having the riches of PSG behind him maybe should have been things those employing him had considered before doing so, I do think the bigger issue is that he is a weak manager, Neymar showed this at PSG.
    What a strange post from someone who was happy with his appointment...