User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephan Lichtsteiner (official)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No player will be giving us the Champions League this season.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    No player will be giving us the Champions League this season.
    What about if Liverpool get kicked out of the CL because of what they did to the City bus and Man City get kicked out because of FFP. Us and Chelsea get called up to replace them and we then go on to win it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    What about if Liverpool get kicked out of the CL because of what they did to the City bus and Man City get kicked out because of FFP. Us and Chelsea get called up to replace them and we then go on to win it?
    Pass that dutch bruh..
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    We'll draw Bayern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Oops, I was sure it was on this thread, anyway, it makes sense what you said.
    Yeah, it's the only real logic I see in going for a bunch of older, cost-effective / free players. There's 3 young CBs there in desperate need of a mentor, and Bellerin's progress has also stalled, so guys like Lichtsteiner and Sokratis do actually fill a need (even if they're not particularly exciting). And the attitude throughout is way too casual - we need some serious characters in the group.

I'm still hoping for a couple of quality players in their early / mid 20s too, but I only see them making so much difference unless we can get more out of the existing twenty-odd players - that's where the potential big gains are for us in the immediate to short-term, and that's where Emery really has to earn his keep...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone wants a young CB but we have Marv. He was top qualitiee against Utd so I think Sokratis and him at the back could be a good pairing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Everyone wants a young CB but we have Marv. He was top qualitiee against Utd so I think Sokratis and him at the back could be a good pairing.
    I can also see there being times where we have to field some combo of Marv, Chambers and/or Holding as an inexperienced CB pairing, so it probably makes sense to have a couple of experienced fullbacks like Monreal and Lichtsteiner to bracket them with...

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like this signing.

It’s exactly the sort of player that we need to whip the younger bitches in line

He’s a winner for 7 years straight, he knows what it takes and how to keep the guys switched on and fighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took us a bit of time to get this guy signed up, which considering he had no club and wasn't going to the world cup is surprising. Hoping it doesn't take long to sign more players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Took us a bit of time to get this guy signed up, which considering he had no club and wasn't going to the world cup is surprising. .
    He’s the Swiss captain.