User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Emery's Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand Xhaka. Gutted we won't just sell him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I can't stand Xhaka. Gutted we won't just sell him.
    I can't believe we've actually given him a contract extension (and presumably topped up his salary). Whoever made that decision clearly hasn't been watching him play.

I can understand Emery wanting to give him a fair chance in the new system but it's a shocking decision to reward him with a new contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The trouble is, he needs to move up several levels to be good enough, but fair enough, let's see what Emery can do with him

Am more pleased about AMN, we've a really good player there
    Yeah, really excited about AMN. I'm curious to see what Emery can do with Xhaka, but I feel a lot better knowing that Ainsley is there, ready and waiting - if his form doesn't improve then we won't have to keep dishing out second chances because he's out only midfielder who can stay fit for more than 2 games in a row.

And who knows - maybe we'll even start picking players according to the games that they're suited to now, instead just fielding the same XI against anyone and everyone (again, if they're fit)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post

And who knows - maybe we'll even start picking players according to the games that they're suited to now, instead just fielding the same XI against anyone and everyone (again, if they're fit)?
    Yes, would certainly be a welcome change...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I can't believe we've actually given him a contract extension (and presumably topped up his salary). Whoever made that decision clearly hasn't been watching him play.

I can understand Emery wanting to give him a fair chance in the new system but it's a shocking decision to reward him with a new contract.
    Every single piece of news since Emery signed is BAD. But we can't admit it because Wenger has gone. And all of us, except Ty and Letters, were desperate for that. So we watch what's happening and we try to reason in a positive light. New start. Give the manager a chance. Etc.Etc. And yes, fair enough.

All that said, what he's done so far is SHIT. If it's even him doing it. I mean let's be honest about it.

I'll give him a chance. Much like I do when I buy a lottery ticket.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit, I too an a bit underwhelmed by what is happening so far with Emery, but we have to give him a chance. Maybe he sees something in Xhaka that he thinks he can work with and has a plan for the older payers he's bringing in which can bring us success. I'm still more excited for the start of a season than I have been in a long while. And some of those players we're linked with seem OK,let's hope we can get them in.
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 17-06-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Every single piece of news since Emery signed is BAD. But we can't admit it because Wenger has gone. And all of us, except Ty and Letters, were desperate for that. So we watch what's happening and we try to reason in a positive light. New start. Give the manager a chance. Etc.Etc. And yes, fair enough.

All that said, what he's done so far is SHIT. If it's even him doing it. I mean let's be honest about it.

Pretty good post.

I've been on cloud 9 for so long that I havent really sat down to analyse all the happenings so far since Emery came onboard...and honestly if all this happened under AW I'd have sat out the coming season and concentrated on my imaginary garden.

I'm really bummed out by this news on Xhaka as I'm almost certain he will never make it in this or any serious footballing league. However, if there is a positive about all of the news so far, it seems Emery might be doing what I would expect from an experienced coach who knows his onions i.e. keeping his team together first and getting to know them personally before eventually tinkering with it.

I always wanted AW's replacement to build on this team and not to wholesale dismantle it in a hurry. Lets not forget that some of us have said it over and over again that one of the main reasons why AW was so succesful in the beginning was that the spine of his early team was Of Graham's making and once the remnants of that was gone the magic disappeared and we were left with an emperor's new clothes situation.....

So I never really wanted someone who would simply ask for a blank cheque like the press made Arteta and all their favourites out to be... I wanted someone who could get the best out of these lily livered losers because a part of me actually doesn't think they are losers; or that bad; or that Citeh or any of our rivals are that much better than us.

So I'm stll looking forward to this new season and back on cloud 9......... though I'll probably drop off again if they extend Mustafi's contract or make him captain.... fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting comparison to Wenger [building on Graham's foundations]. Emery will also inherit a side that is half prepared, but whereas Wenger had to free up a team that was so tight and regimented that it had no imagination or creativity, Emery will have to tighten up a group that's become so free and impulsive that it's lost the focus and discipline it needs to get anything done...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Before Wenger turned into a joke of a manger, whoever he signed, or was linked to signing, I'd trust Wenger would have a plan for and could turn into an Arsenal great. Emery needs that same sort of support and benefit of the doubt. Disappointed to see Xhaka get a new deal but I'd be just as pissed if he were to suddenly pull a Flamini season.

Try and keep the negative energy away from the club until things have really turned sour. We have no idea how Emery will man manage poor performers, whether he's identified specific players that can play well against certain opposition, how he'll rotate the team, it's unfair to base assumptions on what we saw from Wenger at his absolute worst and project that on to Emery.

I'd honestly give up watching Arsenal if I felt the same as how you feel now. Why put myself through another 10 years of it? If I felt the club were that lost and it's down to the owners, I'd withdraw my support and attention all together. Actions speak louder than words. Last season proved that. The amount of people that stopped turning up to games was more effective than banners, protests or online talk/blogs or the media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Juventus Vet is going to get some serious roastings on speed against a few sides......

His cynical foul he other day for the Swiss was just stupid rather than clever.