User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Emery's Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Before Wenger turned into a joke of a manger, whoever he signed, or was linked to signing, I'd trust Wenger would have a plan for and could turn into an Arsenal great. Emery needs that same sort of support and benefit of the doubt. Disappointed to see Xhaka get a new deal but I'd be just as pissed if he were to suddenly pull a Flamini season.

Try and keep the negative energy away from the club until things have really turned sour. We have no idea how Emery will man manage poor performers, whether he's identified specific players that can play well against certain opposition, how he'll rotate the team, it's unfair to base assumptions on what we saw from Wenger at his absolute worst and project that on to Emery.

I'd honestly give up watching Arsenal if I felt the same as how you feel now. Why put myself through another 10 years of it? If I felt the club were that lost and it's down to the owners, I'd withdraw my support and attention all together. Actions speak louder than words. Last season proved that. The amount of people that stopped turning up to games was more effective than banners, protests or online talk/blogs or the media.
    We may see marvellous things when Emery's first team takes to the pitch. I reserve all judgement on that for now. But off the pitch, what we've seen so far is very much like what we've seen in the past. There's time yet, but unless they are keeping things very close to their chests it does appear we won't be doing anything of note in the transfer window.

It's fine to say give the guy a chance. But so far, nothing to report. There's no point pretending otherwise. Hopefully this manager is here to push things along rather than repair Wenger's mess and settle us down into 4th place obscurity once again.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger would never have signed a solid 34 year old title winner from Juventus to give Bellerin competition, or signed another goalkeeper despite having Cech and Ospina, or signed the most experienced centre back from Dortmund, or let Santi go. So no it's not like we've seen in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we even certain that Emery is responsible for transfers, before we start holding him to account for them? I'm sure he'll have input into the types of player he wants, and he'll probably get a veto on any player he really, really doesn't want, but I thought the whole point of this restructuring was to take all of these responsibilities away from manager so we ended up with a focused first team coach? Most of the work that we judge him on will come down to his ability to coach, and he can't really do much in that respect yet while the players are all away and he's still hiring his team.

If you want to look on the sunny side of our transfer business, at least we're not just buying up random players in well-stocked positions again.

We needed a GK, we're signing a GK.

We needed a CB, we're signing a CB (possibly 2, and maybe even 3 if you include Mavs).

We needed a backup RB, we've signed a backup RB.

We needed a DM, we're signing a DM.

When was the last time we actually identified and addressed problem areas like this? If we somehow manage to bring in a tricky winger as well, then I'll actually be quite impressed with the way we've gone about things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We HAVEN'T got rid of Steve Bould

Those photos he has of Ivan and Stan together must be VERY revealing...

https://www.arsenal.com/news/first-t...taff-confirmed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    We HAVEN'T got rid of Steve Bould
    Why would we?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now we have a manager and not a strict dictator he'll hopefully be given more freedom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/w2RZxH_fB6w

What a man

A guy that respects the fans instead of insults them. Big Em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So important to get the fans onside. Come on Arsenal. Can't wait for the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Why would we?
    You've clearly not been watching us try to defend for the last few seasons, and in general displaying a complete lack of effective coaching....
    Last edited by Mac76; 29-06-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    You've clearly not been watching us try to defend for the last few seasons, and in general displaying a complete lack of effective coaching....
    Do you think he was the defensive coach?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.