User Tag List

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Argentina v Iceland, 14:00 BST, ITV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Evra made a fair point there, it does seem like Ronaldo enjoys the weight of expectation and pressure more than Messi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    He's only kissing that because he could see his own face in it.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Messi has never won it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    World Cup Final? I don't think he should have won it but he did get Player of the tournament.

You're the one saying Ronaldo steps up for his country, you're the one that needs to justify it. His previous three goals against Ghana, Iran and North Korea if I remember rightly.

Copa America, one of the finals Messi fucked up a pelanty in the shoot out granted but in the other one he scored his.

Gold medalist too.
    There you go then, even you don't think he should have won it, so your proving my point. He hasn't really delivered for Argentina, Ronaldo has delivered for Portugal a much weaker team than Argentina.

Ronaldo plays in a much weaker team as mentioned so naturally it's harder for him, makes his acheivements even greater, he may have only scored 3 before but he's won an International tournament and rescued them last night as well against let's face it a team full of stars.

I have justified it, 85 odd goals for them, won the Euros, scored a hattrick against Spain and has won them countless important matches. Ronaldo thrives on the pressure, Messi buckles under it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Think Evra made a fair point there, it does seem like Ronaldo enjoys the weight of expectation and pressure more than Messi.
    Yeah seems like it, look at the free kicks, Ronaldo was totally focussed you could just see he was going to score, Messi today looked pretty unsure and fluffed it.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    There you go then, even you don't think he should have won it, so your proving my point. He hasn't really delivered for Argentina, Ronaldo has delivered for Portugal a much weaker team than Argentina.

Ronaldo plays in a much weaker team as mentioned so naturally it's harder for him, makes his acheivements even greater, he may have only scored 3 before but he's won an International tournament and rescued them last night as well against let's face it a team full of stars.

I have justified it, 85 odd goals for them, won the Euros, scored a hattrick against Spain and has won them countless important matches. Ronaldo thrives on the pressure, Messi buckles under it.
    Well I said I don't think he should have won Player of the Tournament, I didn't say he didn't perform.

Argentina don't have anything beside their forwards, there is a gaping hole in midfield and defence which has been the case for a while.

Portugal finished third in their group at the Euros. THIRD. Well done to them for winning it but let's not pretend it was something that it isn't.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Portugal started off Euro 2016 with a 1-1 draw against Iceland.

This is our their year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Well I said I don't think he should have won Player of the Tournament, I didn't say he didn't perform.

Argentina don't have anything beside their forwards, there is a gaping hole in midfield and defence which has been the case for a while.

Portugal finished third in their group at the Euros. THIRD. Well done to them for winning it but let's not pretend it was something that it isn't.
    Either way the reality is he hasn't really performed at International tournaments.

Argentina have a lot of quality, yes it's primarily in attack but they should have swept Iceland aside and actually they'd have probably won had Messi not been so greedy and let Aguero take the penalty he won, he's missed 3 of his last 6 now, so he's hardly guaranteed to score. To be honest, a lot of the teams Messi has played in have had a lot of quality in all departments, he's largely been in very strong International teams, some which were fancied to win the tournaments they entered.

They followed the rules of the competition and won it, what it is is they are Champions of Europe, it's a fact and it's written in the history books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Messi to score 4?

Might be worth a cheeky fiver.