User Tag List

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: France v Argentina, 15:00 BST, BBC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Neither Ronaldo or Messi are fit to lace the boots of the genuine greats. It's only because they are playing today they are even considered. A ton of hype is loaded on them to keep the money bandwagon rolling along, and that's their real contribution. Otherwise they both play in a totally lopsided league and they probably have contract clauses that force their teammates to pass to them. Messi's a super technical player, one of the best technical players no doubt. But a "great"? With not a single decent international performance to his name? WTF? People need to get serious. And that cheating cunt Penaldo, who has disgraced the game for every moment he's played. A great? Fuck off. He wouldn't have even got into the great teams of the past. It;s almost as if nobody he seen Pele or Zico play football. Or more recently, the real Ronaldo. Or a string of other greats. Sure, if you ignore all of them Messi and Ronaldo are #1 and #2.
    Definitely not old enough to have seen Pele but the real Ronaldo was a phenomenal player in his prime. Best striker I've ever seen. But his best form didn't last as long as it should/could have. The injuries really messed him up and I always thought that's the reason why he couldn't play like he used to. But it turns out he hated training. We saw him get fat. We heard at the parties. I give C. Ronaldo and Messi a lot of credit for staying at the top of their game and peak condition for over 10 years despite winning almost everything there is to win. Most players ease off the gas after a few league titles and CL titles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Definitely not old enough to have seen Pele but the real Ronaldo was a phenomenal player in his prime. Best striker I've ever seen. But his best form didn't last as long as it should/could have. The injuries really messed him up and I always thought that's the reason why he couldn't play like he used to. But it turns out he hated training. We saw him get fat. We heard at the parties. I give C. Ronaldo and Messi a lot of credit for staying at the top of their game and peak condition for over 10 years despite winning almost everything there is to win. Most players ease off the gas after a few league titles and CL titles.
    Yes, I do give them credit for that. To a degree. Messi and Penaldo are like PLCs. The amount of cash swirling around them is probably more than the wages of every player who ever played up to maybe the 80s when the stupidity first started to creep in. So they stay at the top maybe because they love the game (highly doubtful, having seen them both play), maybe because they are an industry in their own right (by maybe, I mean definitely). It's a money thing with those guys. Big money. Big hype. I don't think either player has been particularly brilliant for a couple of years now, but they hype keeps rolling. Not saying they are bad players, of course not. But greatest of all time? It's ridiculous.

You get a mildly entertaining game these days and it's dubbed a classic. You get a half decent goal and they ask, best of all time? All hype, because they game is entirely focused on generating cash. Hype is sky high and charge accordingly. I heard England/ Columbia tickets are going for £600+. To watch a team that can barely play. That's how success is measured these days, how much cash was generated. And wherever the cash vampires sniff a profit, that's where the hype hose is directed.

And the pundits are wilfully blind. The other day they saw Penaldo blatantly diving to win a free kick. The cunt then proves that cheats almost always prosper by sticking the ball in the net. What do the pundits say? What a cheating cunt! Or, greatest performance of all time? They're a laughing stock.

Another thing with these modern "greats". Look who they are playing with. Turds. The likes of Fallaini FFS! Of course an above average player looks like a world beater. Most pubbers these days can't tackle, can't pass, can't cross, can't shoot. They run around a lot covering space and being as negative as their hyped up manager demands. It's supposed to be genius but, in reality, it kills the game. So you get those turds huffing and puffing around the place, stealing their 50K or 100K a week, and then you have a handful of players who can actually play. And then you have a select few who can play well. Then you have two who are a cut above the rest. Greatest of all time? Must be. Cash depends on it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NQ your cynicism about football and life in general is unhealthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    NQ your cynicism about football and life in general is unhealthy.
    Which part do you imagine is not 100% accurate?

I'm not concerned at not being delusional enough.
    Für eure Sicherheit