User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Financial fair play my arse.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure the FFP rules are being imposed to prevent lower league teams going bust, or preventing a Portsmouth style situation. The top (rich) teams are always going to find ways of getting round it and spunking millions on transfers and wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @timpayton: Manchester City claiming new sponsorship contract value (Abu Dhabi in house) worth £400m over ten years. And I'm Theo Walcott. RIP FFP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear I remember reading at the time that there would be safeguards against "mates' rates".
    "Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

Cheer up. Join the Mindless Optimism Clique™ today! GW's Premier Clique.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Charlie View Post
    Pretty sure the FFP rules are being imposed to prevent lower league teams going bust, or preventing a Portsmouth style situation. The top (rich) teams are always going to find ways of getting round it and spunking millions on transfers and wages.
    FFP is supposed to be put in place to stop all clubs from spending beyond their means.

However Citeh did say a while back that they were confident they could get round the rules so they could continue their spending.

It really does suck balls tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was always the catch. I fully expected this to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this is not BS:

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2011/...-airlines-deal

Appears UEFA will be scrutinising this deal. Looking at it logically, if UEFA let it go, it will set a precedent and every shitehawk billionaire who wants a toy club will be able to do what he likes. Life will start to imitate Pro Evo, FM rather than vice-versa...
    Last edited by Slacker; 09-07-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added info as link was truncated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, one of three things is going to happen.

(1) UEFA will not be able to find anything that is against their rules, and City will get away with it. As a consequence, every other "big" club, plus Spurs and QPR, will look to copy this. Arsenal will once again play King Canute.

(2) UEFA will find something wrong in private but not announce anything. Instead they will change their rules to allow scenario 1 to occur.

(3) UEFA will find something wrong, grow a "pair" and kick City out of any UEFA sanctioned tournaments.

[N.B. I have listed the three scenarios in order of most likely occurrence.]
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    Well, one of three things is going to happen.

(1) UEFA will not be able to find anything that is against their rules, and City will get away with it. As a consequence, every other "big" club, plus Spurs and QPR, will look to copy this. Arsenal will once again play King Canute.

(2) UEFA will find something wrong in private but not announce anything. Instead they will change their rules to allow scenario 1 to occur.

(3) UEFA will find something wrong, grow a "pair" and kick City out of any UEFA sanctioned tournaments.

[N.B. I have listed the three scenarios in order of most likely occurrence.]
    Might still be 3 because citeh are not a UEFA darling club like Barca. They can show how big they are by kicking citeh (a PL club at that) to set the example without directly hitting their favourite clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Might still be 3 because citeh are not a UEFA darling club like Barca. They can show how big they are by kicking citeh (a PL club at that) to set the example without directly hitting their favourite clubs.
    You might be right as England are not the darlings of Europe.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who gives a damn anyways, rule is so fukking stupid. Run your club how ever the fuck you wanna run it.