User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazil v Mexico, 15:00 BST, ITV.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazil v Mexico, 15:00 BST, ITV.

Come on Vela and come on Mexico.

Mexico do have a lot of victories recently against Brazil but I don't think so this time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working

Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar to overtake Messi as 3rd best player in the world?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Cripps to WUM pointlessly in virtually every post?
    Possibly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just hoping for good exciting matches today after yesterday's snoozefest. Yesterday reminded me how boring these major championships can be sometime, first group matches can often be a bit cagey, I can understand that, lose your first match and you're in trouble. It takes off after that, some of the most excitement came as group positions change and teams had to go for it. Then come the knockout stages, and with that brings the safety net of penalties. If you can't go toe to toe with a team and hope to win, play negatively, and hope for penalties. Finals can be like that too.

There has to be a better way than penalties, dunno what but these games should be the most exciting, even if they're not the best technically, teams having to go for it. They've tried silver goal and golden goal, there must be something better than penalties!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    I'm just hoping for good exciting matches today after yesterday's snoozefest. Yesterday reminded me how boring these major championships can be sometime, first group matches can often be a bit cagey, I can understand that, lose your first match and you're in trouble. It takes off after that, some of the most excitement came as group positions change and teams had to go for it. Then come the knockout stages, and with that brings the safety net of penalties. If you can't go toe to toe with a team and hope to win, play negatively, and hope for penalties. Finals can be like that too.

There has to be a better way than penalties, dunno what but these games should be the most exciting, even if they're not the best technically, teams having to go for it. They've tried silver goal and golden goal, there must be something better than penalties!!
    Remember this happened last time - the group stages were brilliant and then the quality did tail off a bit in the knockouts, as you say it can all get cagey.
    One idea I heard was to have the penalty shootout before the game. Then the team that lost that will have to go for it.
    That said, I do love the drama of a penalty shootout. Unless England are involved...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Remember this happened last time - the group stages were brilliant and then the quality did tail off a bit in the knockouts, as you say it can all get cagey.
    One idea I heard was to have the penalty shootout before the game. Then the team that lost that will have to go for it.
    That said, I do love the drama of a penalty shootout. Unless England are involved...
    There wasn't much drama in last night's match, Denmark just capitulated. I think the real drama is only there if you have had a very good match that has ended in a draw, when neither team deserves to lose. I just find it disappointing when matches are dull at this stage of major tournaments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both matches yesterday were rubbish. Enjoyed the pens though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russia had very little choice but to play as they did - at club level you have more time to be progressive while finding a way to protect your goal, but you have to make the best of what you can in the short time available for a tournament. They do very little training inbetween matches too as it’s mostly resting up. When there is such a clear disparity between the quality of both teams one is always going to go super defensive. The second game wasn’t about being cagey - just a result of the two teams cancelling each other out in midfield. Neither had a good striker, if Denmark had more upfront they would’ve won the game in 90 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think this should be a good tie. Hopefully Mexico are as vibrant as they were in their first 2 games.