User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brazil v Mexico, 15:00 BST, ITV.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazil v Mexico, 15:00 BST, ITV.

Come on Vela and come on Mexico.

Mexico do have a lot of victories recently against Brazil but I don't think so this time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working

Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar to overtake Messi as 3rd best player in the world?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Cripps to WUM pointlessly in virtually every post?
    Possibly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just hoping for good exciting matches today after yesterday's snoozefest. Yesterday reminded me how boring these major championships can be sometime, first group matches can often be a bit cagey, I can understand that, lose your first match and you're in trouble. It takes off after that, some of the most excitement came as group positions change and teams had to go for it. Then come the knockout stages, and with that brings the safety net of penalties. If you can't go toe to toe with a team and hope to win, play negatively, and hope for penalties. Finals can be like that too.

There has to be a better way than penalties, dunno what but these games should be the most exciting, even if they're not the best technically, teams having to go for it. They've tried silver goal and golden goal, there must be something better than penalties!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    I'm just hoping for good exciting matches today after yesterday's snoozefest. Yesterday reminded me how boring these major championships can be sometime, first group matches can often be a bit cagey, I can understand that, lose your first match and you're in trouble. It takes off after that, some of the most excitement came as group positions change and teams had to go for it. Then come the knockout stages, and with that brings the safety net of penalties. If you can't go toe to toe with a team and hope to win, play negatively, and hope for penalties. Finals can be like that too.

There has to be a better way than penalties, dunno what but these games should be the most exciting, even if they're not the best technically, teams having to go for it. They've tried silver goal and golden goal, there must be something better than penalties!!
    Remember this happened last time - the group stages were brilliant and then the quality did tail off a bit in the knockouts, as you say it can all get cagey.
    One idea I heard was to have the penalty shootout before the game. Then the team that lost that will have to go for it.
    That said, I do love the drama of a penalty shootout. Unless England are involved...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Trick question?

The are hateful across the spectrum. And Neymar, of course. Neymar is more than enough tbf. Ridiculously hyped, nonsense player and all around cheat machine. And an absolute cunt as a human being too. No stone left unturned.

The fact they are talented but still opt to engage in the disgusting antics that they are now famous for makes it even worse.

That Danish player who ran into the box and stayed on his feet under heavy challenge is worth 10 Brazils on his own.
    It's unreal to hear how harsh you on these hyped players. I suppose now is a good time to have an Ozil conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NQ is going through a mid life crisis. It can be the only explanation for the highly negative, sceptical, depressive posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    NQ is going through a mid life crisis. It can be the only explanation for the highly negative, sceptical, depressive posts.
    Your unfaltering fascination is either flattering or stalking. If the former, send me your Ronaldo posters (maximum 100) and I'll sign them for you.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBC headline says Neymar starred in the win.

Seriously?