Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Torreira (official)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    What's happening with Wenger's new job?
    He's in a waiting period, waiting for all the top clubs who offered him countless jobs to come back to him, the guy at PSG wants him apparently, the only hitch is that he actually doesn't.

Real wanted him too, again though turns out they didn't.

So that's already 2 he almost signed for right there. I think the queue at his door is so long it's taking a long time to get through it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    I counted 7 off the top of my head, but if it's 12 and it makes Wenger look even more stupid then great
    And this, right here, is why you add nothing to this place
    You may be capable of debate but you choose not to engage, you just WUM instead.

The point you are pretending not to understand is that we did not make many signings who became regular first team players. If anything Wenger was far too content to rest on his laurels and not make many major signings after a successful season, had he done so we would probably have retained the title and win 3 in a row from 02-04

So the idea that we signed 7 players that summer is a deliberate misrepresentation of what happened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You may be capable of debate but you choose not to engage, you just WUM instead.

The point you are pretending not to understand is that we did not make many signings who became regular first team players. If anything Wenger was far too content to rest on his laurels and not make many major signings after a successful season, had he done so we would probably have retained the title and win 3 in a row from 02-04
    Let's be honest, he never did what was needed in the transfer market, always making excuses and failing to sign players in the positions we needed, one of his many failings.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why has a thread about a new signing descended in to Wenger talk?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Let's be honest, he never did what was needed in the transfer market, always making excuses and failing to sign players in the positions we needed, one of his many failings.
    Well, I agree. After the early days when he just knew the worldwide game better the others, when he rest caught up he often wasn’t doing the right things. I actually don’t disagree with the idea that a squad should be supplemented with a few key players each summer but they have to be the right players and as I said we never pushed on after a successful season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Are you new here?

Agreed though, let’s leave it and not let it take over ANOTHER thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Just let it be. Whenever we talk about former players it's never questioned or moved to a non Arsenal area because we all know they're still part of Arsenal's fabric.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

So the idea that we signed 7 players that summer is a deliberate misrepresentation of what happened
    wenger said signing more than 3 players unsettles a squad. We both agree he signed significantly more than that

But I'm a WUM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He's in a waiting period, waiting for all the top clubs who offered him countless jobs to come back to him, the guy at PSG wants him apparently, the only hitch is that he actually doesn't.

Real wanted him too, again though turns out they didn't.

So that's already 2 he almost signed for right there. I think the queue at his door is so long it's taking a long time to get through it.
    no one wants that loser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair Wenger was with us for 22 years, it will take a few months to get him out of our system. Maybe once the new season starts, we'll all move on bit.
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 10-07-2018 at 07:01 PM.