User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Torreira (official)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the comparisons to Veratti and Cazorla I've heard but I do get it. What I love about him is the fact he doesn't dwell on the ball too long. He receives it and gives it in quick succession which is contrary to one of the most detestable features of our game at it's worse, when we simply do not move the ball around quickly enough.

I'm not being a naysayer and I do think he helps to mute some of Xhaka's deficiencies but I think Xhaka's good game was as much to do with Newcastle sitting off us in the second half. We know he is at his worst when he is pressed and Newcastle really didn't press us in the areas he operates in in any meaningful way meaning he had time and space on the ball.

I would always prefer a midfielder like Dembele (prior to this season....I think he's actually done now) to Xhaka as Demeble at his best is incredibly strong and incredibly resistant to being pressed.

If Torreira is tactically the best midfielder after Busquets, Emery really hasn't received the memo! I would virtually sacrifice any player in the first team to make way for Torreira right now. Such is his intelligence I have to remind myself he's actually a very young player at 22.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this little beast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's our best signing for a long long time, absolutely brilliant player!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the game yesterday, was out with the Mrs. Just watched the highlights this morning, this guy is an animal, outstanding performance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great player!

Wenger
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant player, better than Kante, and Kante is a hell of a player.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve needed an all-action midfielder like him for years. I really think we could struggle without him because he’s so different to anything else we have in midfield.

Makes a huge difference when you’re being pressed but you have a player who’s savvy enough to evade tackles and also win the ball back as well. He doesn’t faff around on the ball either, just keeps it moving and helps to drive us forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Loved seeing that, slide tackle timed to perfection but the best bit was shrugging the Liverpool player off the ball like he wasn't there. I think he's destined for big things in the game, hopefully with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too good this GOAT.