Thread: Belgium v England, 14th July, 15:00 BST, ITV

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    England .

Unsurprisingly they lost against the good teams they faced.

But they beat Panama and Tunisia and a Hames-less Colombia. Things are looking up.
    Not sure what's so funny? Semi Finals is far more than what any English fan could expect pre tournament. And beating teams you're meant to is more than most England teams in the past have done and something other supposed "superior" nations could learn from (Germany, Argentina, Spain, Portugal etc).

Clearly Belgium are a more talented team than England. England are a best a top ten team who've overachieved by finishing fourth with a young squad. You've got to be a right pathetic anti-Englander to disparage that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're that sensitive to a regulation ?

I'm hardly going in with a two-footer to Southgate and all the players. And nothing I said is revelatory.

It's a GW tradition to LOL at anything and anyone, especially in the immediate aftermath of a loss. Unless you've been hacked by by fake Cripps, this seems a strange and unwarranted reaction for a usually good-humoured poster.

And any nationalism or any type of anti or pro nonsense about anything is the furthest thing from my thought process so I'm probably the wrong person to little bit vent at. Although evidently, England's minor resurgence does seem to have reawakened the actual caring about football thing that many have lost in the modern Premier League era.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    You're that sensitive to a regulation ?

I'm hardly going in with a two-footer to Southgate and all the players. And nothing I said is revelatory.

It's a GW tradition to LOL at anything and anyone, especially in the immediate aftermath of a loss. Unless you've been hacked by by fake Cripps, this seems a strange and unwarranted reaction for a usually good-humoured poster.

And any nationalism or any type of anti or pro nonsense about anything is the furthest thing from my thought process so I'm probably the wrong person to little bit vent at. Although evidently, England's minor resurgence does seem to have reawakened the actual caring about football thing that many have lost in the modern Premier League era.
    Don't mind the standard GW , it's more the stuff undermining or belittling England's accomplishments in the world cup that I find tiresome ... though it's more a culmination of stuff I've seen online from non-Brits rather than your specific post that's made me salty. They did incredibly well considering the quality of players they had and so the team & the country can be proud of instead of being miserable because they didn't meet the ridiculous standards expected by online football hipsters.

And yes I know expressing any form of patriotism or nationalism is frowned upon on here and instead it has to be pure unadulterated cynicism, especially towards the usual villains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's the Boreham wood thread lol...no talk of the game goals...formation etc etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Where's the Boreham wood thread lol...no talk of the game goals...formation etc etc?
    http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh