User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Arsenal v PSG, 12:35pm BST 28/07

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just got around to watching the highlights of this

the main thing to say is that, admittedly just from the highlights, it looks like we're being more direct, going forward at speed and leaving out all that messing about in midfield and around the oppositon box that has plagued us for so many years - some great precision long balls forward and Lacazette looking really sharp

was that what the whole game was like?

if so, and with the players we have, just using that style of play is going to result in big improvements in results
    Last edited by Mac76; 30-07-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the game and thought the younguns in the second half actually really drilled home the high press whereas we did very little of it in the first half. I thought I might have just imagined that until Emery himself confirmed it in his interview.

From that point of view you can see why he likes Ramsey....a player with an engine like his, but has the ability to capitalise of gaining the possession high up by scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I watched the game and thought the younguns in the second half actually really drilled home the high press whereas we did very little of it in the first half.
    sounds like they way they played in the U23s previously, and then they'd come into the first team and get told not on any acccount to do it by you-know-who