9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trojan

6 66.67%
  • It's all Greek to me

1 11.11%
  • What a great idea, Stan!

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kroenke's Bid for Total Control - Trojan Horse or Long Term Security?

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroenke's Bid for Total Control - Trojan Horse or Long Term Security?

I would suspect the former. Not good to have no counter argument against any business choices Stan might wish to make if his bid gets the nod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facts are that all of the teams Kroenke owns in the States perform poorly, from a business perspective they are all doing OK...but he is doing the absolute bare minimum to sufficiently invest in any of them.

Premier League is a different animal and being the Owner of Arsenal football club comes with it's own set of demands.

Do I think Kroenke cares about Arsenal winning stuff? No

Do I think Kroenke will invest sufficiently in Arsenal football club? Yes and No

I think to a degree he has invested quite a bit already...hear me out on this...if you look at our net spend over the past 3 years we have invested a lot on players, just very badly, we all know the reasons why.

With the right manager and recruitment team which we are more than halfway there to having, we will be on the right track.

I certainly believe our recruitment would have been more successful over the past few years with someone else other than Wenger making the decisions.

We will never spend like City or Man Utd...but we should most certainly be in a position to spend like Liverpool or close to how they spend assuming we get back into CL.

Don't forget Liverpool have invested a large chunk of their money through the Coutinho sale.

We certainly need to play it a lot more smarter in many areas of recruitment including contract renewals.

I don't think Kroenke being in total control will be detrimental to us...though I don't think it's a major positive either. I am sitting on the fence so to speak!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting thing about Liverpool is that all the Coutinho money was used last summer, they were slightly up, this summer however they've spent 160 odd million and even taking into consideration last summers profit their net spend is about 150 million.

Worry is now that Kroenke has total control he can pay whatever dividends he wants (without making it public) which will come in handy when repaying the debt (so in effect the club will be repaying it), borrow against the club as he wishes and do whatever he wants.

Bearing in mind he couldn't care less about football or what happens on the pitch and finances are his only concern, that's not very good news for us. Sadly for us we have the only owner who really not only is happy doing the bare minimum, but also has a record of failure on the pitch (his support for Wenger and his 4th place championship showed what he thinks about winning).
    Last edited by Özim; 07-08-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dial Square Old Boy View Post
    I would suspect the former. Not good to have no counter argument against any business choices Stan might wish to make if his bid gets the nod.
    How much counter argument was Usmanov even able to give without a controlling stake anyway? It's always been Kroenke steering the ship.

I'm not really sure what Kroenke's full takeover means for us to be honest. I don't understand business at this high level enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're all at fault for this but there is a lot of misinformation out there on how Kroenke's team perform. I was curious because I know the LA Rams had a good season last year and I also remember the Denver Nuggets having Carmelo Anthony and reaching the playoffs. I didn't know the Rams won the Superbowl but I think Kroenke was a minority shareholder at the time.

https://www.newsweek.com/l-rams-arse...-teams-1060409

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    How much counter argument was Usmanov even able to give without a controlling stake anyway? It's always been Kroenke steering the ship.

I'm not really sure what Kroenke's full takeover means for us to be honest. I don't understand business at this high level enough.
    It means he can do whatever he wants with the club no questions asked as he 100% owns it, something he couldn't do before.

- He can buy all the rest of the minority shares (they have to sell them to him if he wants them)
    - There will be no general meeting as it's now privately owned
    - Can load Arsenal with debt to finance other businesses
    - Can get Arsenal to pay dividends and management fees as and when he wishes

Whichever way you look at it it's not good news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    We're all at fault for this but there is a lot of misinformation out there on how Kroenke's team perform. I was curious because I know the LA Rams had a good season last year and I also remember the Denver Nuggets having Carmelo Anthony and reaching the playoffs. I didn't know the Rams won the Superbowl but I think Kroenke was a minority shareholder at the time.

https://www.newsweek.com/l-rams-arse...-teams-1060409
    I don't really understand all that American stuff to be honest, but from what I can see there's not a lot of success and certainly nothing sustained.

Problem is this guy isn't interested in football, he's a businessman and with that in mind he could easily borrow against Arsenal to buy another franchise, he wouldn't think twice about it either. If he liked football like Abrahmovic it might be different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I don't really understand all that American stuff to be honest, but from what I can see there's not a lot of success and certainly nothing sustained.

Problem is this guy isn't interested in football, he's a businessman and with that in mind he could easily borrow against Arsenal to buy another franchise, he wouldn't think twice about it either. If he liked football like Abrahmovic it might be different.
    You admit your ignorance but still continue to talk without doing research. It's a bad habit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest worry will be all the handwringing and endless words written about it. Roll on the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    You admit your ignorance but still continue to talk without doing research. It's a bad habit.
    It's not ignorant at all, you posted the article and there's not a lot of success there, one superbowl from what I can tell, that's not particularly good. At Arsenal just 3 FA Cup again not particularly good.

It's not rocket science, what amazes me is you don't see the last 12 years as a good enough representation of the man, he's the guy that kept Wenger in charge for so long after all, so he always had to accept part of the blame for our failure because he could do something about it and never did up until last summe, most other rich owners would have got rid years ago.
    Last edited by Özim; 07-08-2018 at 04:06 PM.