Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Cech or Leno??

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Cech or Leno??

What’s everyone’s thought’s on this situation then?

Cech to start the season and Leno to come in gradually or will he play some cup games until next season?
    (Injury to Cech not withstanding)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you buy a keeper for 20 odd million then he has to play and be number 1, if he isn't you have to ask yourself why we signed him as clearly he's not good enough.

If he doesn't play, signing him would have been an odd decision to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leno. It’s going to be a steep learning curve for everyone in the squad for the few months anyway under the new coach, so might as well get him in asap...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit, I would prefer to start Leno and blood him in for the future. Cech isn’t going to be any better than the last few years imo and I would like to see a fresh face between the sticks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cech will start.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    I must admit, I would prefer to start Leno and blood him in for the future. Cech isn’t going to be any better than the last few years imo and I would like to see a fresh face between the sticks
    Cech might be a bit better, if he’s being instructed to play the ball out from the back - gives our defenders another outlet when they’re under pressure, and with a proper shield in front of them too we might see a few less forced errors in general?

But he’s clearly not a long-term option for us, and with the rest of the defence undergoing an intensive period of retraining anyway, why not include the new keeper as part of it, so they can all grow together? I don’t think we’ve really got much to lose by chucking Leno straight in.

Cech will probably get the not tomorrow, though, if that’s what you were asking originally? Not what I would personally choose, but it’s what will probably happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Cech might be a bit better, if he’s being instructed to play the ball out from the back - gives our defenders another outlet when they’re under pressure, and with a proper shield in front of them too we might see a few less forced errors in general?

But he’s clearly not a long-term option for us, and with the rest of the defence undergoing an intensive period of retraining anyway, why not include the new keeper as part of it, so they can all grow together? I don’t think we’ve really got much to lose by chucking Leno straight in.

Cech will probably get the not tomorrow, though, if that’s what you were asking originally? Not what I would personally choose, but it’s what will probably happen.
    Yeh I think Cech will start too.

I’m not sure it’s the right choice though and certainly wouldn’t be what I would go with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    If you buy a keeper for 20 odd million then he has to play and be number 1, if he isn't you have to ask yourself why we signed him as clearly he's not good enough.

If he doesn't play, signing him would have been an odd decision to say the least.
    It would be very odd. If you're not confident in your signings, you're probably making the wrong signings.

I say we go with Leno and give him a chance. At the very least we'll learn if he's good enough and if we'll need to dip back in the market next summer. We already know what we'll get from Cech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like to see Leno given a chance. Understudy keepers don’t cost 20m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Emery wouldn’t be the first coach to ease a new signing in, if we don’t see Leno straightaway - I just don’t see the point in this instance. It’s not like we’d be disrupting a well-oiled machine with an unpredictable new part, or risk derailing a title challenge, or anything like that. In fact we actually have a rare opportunity here to try new things out while the fans are braced for a period of transition, and keeping their expectations in check. Perfect time to do it, if you ask me...