User Tag List

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Man City, Premier League, Sunday 12 August, 16.00 BST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, my normal streaming site is asking for subscriptions now to view in HD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    So I think he will play the following if all are fit...

--------------Cech --------------

Bell----Mustafi----Sokratis---AMN

--------Torreira---Xhaka ----------

Ozil---------Ramsey--------Aubam

------------Lacazette --------------
    That’s what I think he’ll go with, or possibly the same thing with Auba up top and either Mkhitaryan, Iwobi or maybe even Welbeck on the left, depending on how he wants to balance that side.

Honestly, the thought of Mustafi at CB turns my bowels to ice, so I’m just praying to Dennis that Torreira takes absolutely no time to settle in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    That’s what I think he’ll go with, or possibly the same thing with Auba up top and either Mkhitaryan, Iwobi or maybe even Welbeck on the left, depending on how he wants to balance that side.

Honestly, the thought of Mustafi at CB turns my bowels to ice, so I’m just praying to Dennis that Torreira takes absolutely no time to settle in...
    I read he wasn't keen on Welbeck and we're just running down his contract which i really hope is true and that he'only get FLC appearances

As for Mustaphi, IKR, but they've been working very hard on defence so we can only hope for an improvement
    Last edited by Mac76; 12-08-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    What I found interesting is, when asked....Guardiola said that Emery would play 4231 instantly as a matter of fact. Suppose it's no surprise, but Guardiola obviously knows him well.
    To be fair, Emery pretty much announced that to the world in one of his first interviews, so it’s not really a secret. But I don’t doubt that Pep had already done his research and worked it out for himself.

I guess if Ramsey starts in the middle of the 3 then you could just as easily view it as 433 as 4231? There’s really not much in it. And if he starts as one half of the 2 in front of the defence then it could very easily become a 4141?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I read he wasn't keen on Welbeck and we're just running down his contract which i really hope us true and that he'only get FLC appearances

As for Mustaphi, IKR, but they've been working very hard on defence so we can only hope for an improvement
    Welbeck needs to rebrand himself, fast, if he wants a future here, because he’s not getting a sniff as a CF (for club or country).

I don’t know... as it stands, I’m really not fussed if he just fades into the background and disappears... but I’d also love for him to surprise me, and show that he can be effective as a hard-working winger / wide forward in a high press. There’s a vacancy there (maybe even a couple of vacancies), and no one has really staked an undisputed claim for it yet, so we can only really win at this point? If it works out, then great! If it doesn’t, well it’s not like we’ve missed out on a fee, because no one made us an offer for him anyway - just don’t offer him a new deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Great, my normal streaming site is asking for subscriptions now to view in HD.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery's sides tend to come out strong for home games and really take it to the opposition. im excited to see what this new regime has to offer,its all new and fresh and we have nothing to lose.

2-2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been all over the place defensively in preseason so I'm expecting us to lose this. It'll take time for Emery's training to take effect and I don't know if Emery has even figured out the best formation and XI to go with yet. I'm hoping we put up a good fight at least.

2-1 to City.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    To be fair, Emery pretty much announced that to the world in one of his first interviews, so it’s not really a secret. But I don’t doubt that Pep had already done his research and worked it out for himself.

I guess if Ramsey starts in the middle of the 3 then you could just as easily view it as 433 as 4231? There’s really not much in it. And if he starts as one half of the 2 in front of the defence then it could very easily become a 4141?
    I meant that Guardiola was pressed on what he thought Emery would do in the game against us specifically ....not necessarily what Emery's general formation of choice was, though clearly that is what Guardiolas answer is informed from.

I agree though..... 4231 is just a 433 with added detail about the middle 3 and how they are to operate to my little brain.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 12-08-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No real expectations for this game or indeed this season. At best we'll get a draw today I think, but probably expecting us to lose. As for the season, not expecting anything of Emery, after 22 years of one manager and with very little real investment in the team (and not real top signings), whatever happens happens, it will probably take him a year or two to mould things to his liking and change everything about Wengers reign, there's a lot of bad habits and methods to change, as well as the mentality of course.

As I said 6/10 for transfers, not enough investment and other than Torreira the signings are gambles, the lack of a top CB is a worry, could have made all the difference, lack of a winger is also of concern, we really needed one. Could have tried to get Gelson Martins, he was available on a free.

Keeping situation will concern me if Leno doesn't start today, he's not a kid (26) and he's wasnt cheap, he 100% should be number or it will be very strange, would suggest we've signed a keeper which we don't fully trust ability wise as Cech is past is and not world class anymore, hasn't been anywhere near as good since his head injury to be honest.