User Tag List

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Citeh (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    It’s fair to say he won’t be given time by the fans and the media. Change on the pitch or not, if he doesn’t get top four this season he’ll be under huge pressure from all sides.
    I think he does need to get top 4. It is there for the taking. Spurs have stadium and money issues so I cant see them performing as well as last season. Chelsea new manager, players in control so if they don't like the manager then they don't play. So next weekend is so very important as we don't want to lose and already be 6 points behind even after two games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    I think he does need to get top 4. It is there for the taking. Spurs have stadium and money issues so I cant see them performing as well as last season. Chelsea new manager, players in control so if they don't like the manager then they don't play. So next weekend is so very important as we don't want to lose and already be 6 points behind even after two games.
    Chelsea are the only vulnerable ones, only if Maureen sends Pogba and a few others close to the brink of suicide with his depressive moaning. Pochecheato still has that team under his full control and unless they are savaged by injuries he’ll still drag the performances needed out of that squad. Klopp’s first season started in October 15 and they finished 8th that year. We saw the car crash that happened once Fergie left. We might have an outside chance of top four but I don’t see it happening this season.

I think we’re going to see that the frustration about Wenger wasn’t really about Wenger at all. Becuase so much of the media views the world through a digital lense rather than reality, the impatience of online reactions are used to build pressure that leads to sackings - regardless of whether it’s football or any other industry. When you watched the games last year the reaction in the stadium - the real world - was nowhere near as vociferous in comparison to the online complaints. There was a big difference between the two. The same could be said about any number of other topics.

If we finish 5/6th the same divide we saw last year will be present once again. When something is overanalysed to death - as football is - then all sanity goes out the door. Oddly enough, Kroenke taking over could be Emery’s only saving grace as he won’t give a shit about fan pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s going to take at least a season to get into shape. Worth remembering Man City's first season under Pep. They didn’t have a fantastic record against the big sides. Besides a positive start with a win against Utd at Old Trafford, they lost away to Spurs, lost home and away to Chelsea, lost away to Liverpool and were battered 4-0 to Everton and 4-2 to Leicester City. Besides beating us and Utd in the league, they didn’t win any other games against a big side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQwvUR261Ns

Arsenal Vision Podcast. Always enjoy listening to these guys for post game analysis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Emery cant make wine out of water. We started the season as the 6th best team in the division, I don’t think the combination of new signings and new manager / playing style will bridge the gap between our current level and the current top 4. We didn’t make any investment significant enough for me to believe we are now part of that top 4 group.

Emery needs time, he also needs proper investment otherwise I really don’t see how we are going to improve enough to the extent of being a top 4 regular. The teams above us are not marginally better than us, there is a clear gap now and we are going to need to be extremely proactive in order to bridge that gap.

The aim for this season should be winning Europa and then investing properly in the summer to shape our team / squad accordingly, forget about PL, this team isn’t capable of finishing top 4 in its current state, it’s a mismatched team of Wengers’s Duds and Emery’s new boys, it’s too disjointed right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    It’s going to take at least a season to get into shape. Worth remembering Man City's first season under Pep. They didn’t have a fantastic record against the big sides. Besides a positive start with a win against Utd at Old Trafford, they lost away to Spurs, lost home and away to Chelsea, lost away to Liverpool and were battered 4-0 to Everton and 4-2 to Leicester City. Besides beating us and Utd in the league, they didn’t win any other games against a big side.
    Also, as SMatthews says there may well be a dawning reality check that AW was the lightning rod for frustration that was as much to do with impatience for success as the decisions that he made. It's all about short-termism these days. The Chavs and Citeh have thrown money at their teams to achieve success over the past decade, while Manure benefitted from the best manager ever to grace the Premiership. Below them, a CL title aside Liverpool have gone decades without winning anything significant, as have Spurs. Yet all that is forgotten - maybe especially by Arsenal fans. IMHO there is no good reason in a massively competitive environment - why our team should be nailed on for a top 4 place this season - and in the circumstances top four would be an excellent achievement. Seen in this context Emery deserves patience all round. Whether he will get it is another matter.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the very fact that people are stressing the obvious that Emery needs time (not just on GW) shows the real concern that he won’t be given it. If everyone was on the same page, the idea of giving a new manager some time to remove a 22 year old culture wouldn’t need to be stressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as there are signs of improvement, I think he'll get the time.

Next season really needs to be a successful one.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’ll get time from the Board but I highly doubt he’ll get that much time from the fans. That’s where we shoot ourselves in the foot. If the environment becomes toxic so early on, it won’t help the team and we’d be doing a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Emery cant make wine out of water. We started the season as the 6th best team in the division, I don’t think the combination of new signings and new manager / playing style will bridge the gap between our current level and the current top 4. We didn’t make any investment significant enough for me to believe we are now part of that top 4 group.

Emery needs time, he also needs proper investment otherwise I really don’t see how we are going to improve enough to the extent of being a top 4 regular. The teams above us are not marginally better than us, there is a clear gap now and we are going to need to be extremely proactive in order to bridge that gap.

The aim for this season should be winning Europa and then investing properly in the summer to shape our team / squad accordingly, forget about PL, this team isn’t capable of finishing top 4 in its current state, it’s a mismatched team of Wengers’s Duds and Emery’s new boys, it’s too disjointed right now.
    This is where I disagree to an extent. Seeing how we struggled to just get the basics right with us struggling just to get out of our own half and not pressing City enough, I don’t think we’re at a stage where we can introduce that many new signings into this team. We definitely need more quality in the wide areas but as seen from the City game, we need to get the foundations right and build on that. See what the current players are able to do and if we can build a structure around that.

In DIY terms, it’s like buying all the supplies before actually doing a proper inspection on the project you’re working on and not taken down the measurements. We’d end up overspending. We need to establish what works and what’s junk.