Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Citeh (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    I like him and he moves with urgency.
    We'll have to see how he and Torreira get on. Xhaka or Ramsey is a no for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    But to not play Torreira after his World Cup performances was criminal and i for one can't believe he made that choice when it was so obvious we've been crying out for just that player to shore us up defensively
    True, let's hope he's learned a lot today Pre-season friendly's are not the same as competitive matches, he may need to rethink a few things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    You've said some bullshit about Monreal nit being good enough so fuck your opinion.
    We will see how good Monreal is when he plays at left back, he is slow, very slow.

You probably thought that Guendozy was good today and that Monreal is the Premier Leagues quickest player.

Some people are fucking clueless and cannot see the blatantly obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Well he's 19 so that wouldn't be inaccurate. He made many mistakes but didn't stop demanding the ball at any point which is good.
    Who genuinely thought that Guendozy played well today ?

He was terrible along with Ozil and Xhaka.

Cech played well and kept Arsenal in it, Ramsey is average as usual.

Emery has a lot to learn but it was his first real match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Agreed. Seeing the starting line up, the game played out how I expected. We discussed the problem with Xhaka, Ramsey and Ozil before the season kicked off.

If Emery wouldn't have played Douzi and went for the trio, we'd have been overrun completely.
    Did Xhaka get an extension on his contract in the Summer? If so, wtf!
    Lets hope Dick Emery sorts out the dead wood in January.
    Xhaka, Mustafi, Ozil etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Dick Emery.

LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Who genuinely thought that Guendozy played well today ?

He was terrible along with Ozil and Xhaka.

Cech played well and kept Arsenal in it, Ramsey is average as usual.

Emery has a lot to learn but it was his first real match.
    Send him a few tips on email. He's the amateur here after all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was expecting us to win, but when I saw the lineup I knew we'd lose, that was poor by Emery IMO.

Mustafi, Xhaka and Cech and not starting Lacazette was wrong IMO. I was disappointed with the performance today, didn't play for the new manager at all, IMO there's no hope for many of these Wenger players, to set in their ways and too much in the comfort zone, it's what worried me about our summers dealings, not enough faces out of the door and not enough quality brought in.

Clearly Emery is hamstrung by the club not backing him fully, but the team selection today is on him, Torreira, Lacazette and Leno should have played, not playing a keeper you paid 20 million for is just bizarre.

Anyway onward and upwards, hopefuly he learns hs lesson and realises these Wenger players are losers and that he need to drop them like a stone, giving Xhaka and Chambers new contracts was also bizarre, they should have been sold IMO, but again don't think that was down to Emery.

Guendouzi has potential but I don't think he's ready to be a regular starter too raw. Truth is this season is going to be a difficult one, what I want to see is Emery building a team in his image and phasing out the Wenger way and players.

Today however we were totally outclassed by a team who are very very good and have an amazing squad, had they put their chances it could (and perhaps should have been) a cricket score.

Anyway got to give Emery a chance and as long as he shows he's willing to make the right changes and not back players who are plainly not good enough I'll be happy enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected us to lose but I thought we'd at least go down with a fight and show some balls. I supposed that's too much for Arsenal fans to ask for now.

The usual suspects. Xhaka is a liability, if there's one player to point the finger at for the goals we conceded it's him. He also lost the ball more than once in dangerous positions which City failed to take advantage of. He has no business even being on the bench. He's not good enough.

Ozil, Ramsey, Mkhi, Bellerin all shite. No chance of getting top four with 50% of our XI giving us half arsed performances like that.

Cech was good at the actual goalkeeping. He made some good saves, especially that Aguero one on one. But if Emery insists on the keeper playing the ball out it won't work. Either you let Cech go with his instincts and smash the ball as far away from his goal as possible, or you go with Leno who I assume knows how to play the ball out safely. One or the other.

It'll be interesting to see how Emery responds. Will he drop Xhaka? Will he change the formation? Will he give this bunch of pussies the hairdryer treatment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Yea really odd decision, the guy is a waste of space.