User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea V Arsenal Saturday 18 August 17:30 kick off BST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop Guendouzi and play Xhaka alongside our new midget. I have a feeling Iwobi will come in for Mikhi as Emery might play it cagey and want another man in midfield like last week (well that was the idea at least). Rambo will definitely start unless he's injured. Our midfield and forwards have to show for the ball a lot more this week to relieve some pressure off the defence once Cech plays the ball out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They came down hard on Pep too for trying to always play out from the back but he stuck with it and now look at them. We'll have to be patient even when results don't go our way. Won't be easy.

I wouldn't be surpised if he doesn't change all that much against Chelsea in terms of style of play. Heck, he may even opt for the same team. Still a learning process for the team. Can't give up on the first go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would he play Cech when he clearly can't pass and struggles badly with the ball at his feet? He's got a keeper he bought for 20+ million and doesn't seem to trust him despite that very abject display by Cech where he was very luck not to kick it into his own net.

I just think keepers are one position you don't want to play around with, you find your number 1 and play him most games, they don't get injured too often and don't exactly run around all game so they don't really get tired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's unfortunate that we had to start the season against two of the best teams in the league. Nobody expected us to beat City and few will expect us to beat Chelsea. I think where we are at will be a better gauge when we play teams lower down the league, especially away when we were dreadful last year. A bit of fight and urgency tomorrow is all I dare hope for, maybe a goal for Laca or Aba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Why would he play Cech when he clearly can't pass and struggles badly with the ball at his feet? He's got a keeper he bought for 20+ million and doesn't seem to trust him despite that very abject display by Cech where he was very luck not to kick it into his own net.

I just think keepers are one position you don't want to play around with, you find your number 1 and play him most games, they don't get injured too often and don't exactly run around all game so they don't really get tired.
    Isnt the keepers main purpose to make saves though.... which is what Cech did. Leno is only 26 so still has plenty of time, this might be good to allow him to settle into England and see what the football is like. would Leno made any difference to the result against City. No. Would he make any difference to the Chelsea result .... probably not.

Anyway on the Chelsea game, I think we can draw this. We have more fire power up front but the chavs have a better central midfield although 2 of the parts are quite new. they have the best player in Hazard but are suspect as centre back (which obviously we are a little too).

I can see Iwobi playing wide left although Welbeck could be used to press, chase and harry the defence and keeper with good affect. Don't think we need both Ozil and Mukhi to start.
    1-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    They came down hard on Pep too for trying to always play out from the back but he stuck with it and now look at them. We'll have to be patient even when results don't go our way. Won't be easy.

I wouldn't be surpised if he doesn't change all that much against Chelsea in terms of style of play. Heck, he may even opt for the same team. Still a learning process for the team. Can't give up on the first go.
    Like you I don't expect him to change much.

Came across this just now from Stillman....

https://arseblog.com/2018/08/laca-balance-auba-under/

In fact, most of Arsenal’s squad is unbalanced, but the forward line has a lot of individual quality and players in their prime which ought to reduce the impact. I still think that this squad is most suited to a back 3 given the lack of dominant centre halves and natural wide players. Arsenal have a top class number 8, a world class number 10 and two good strikers, all of whom could be well accommodated in a 3412 system.

He mentioned something in the link article that I hadn't thought much about which is the interchange of the full backs with the forwards in wide positions. Bellerin could be left without an option but this is where the front 3 can be fluid in their movement and combination play with a solid base behind.

Anyway I'd play....

-------------Cech-------------

------Mav--Mus---Sok--------

Bell---Ramsey---Tor---Monreal

-------------Ozil----------------

--------Laca----Auba----------

But I think he will play...

Cech
    Bellerin
    Mustafi
    Sokratis
    Litch/Mon
    Torreira
    Guenouzi
    Ramsey (if fit)
    Ozil
    Auba
    Laca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Torreira could only play 20 minutes last week, he won't be fit enough for 90, just six days later will he.

I just want to see a bit of fight and a bit of resilience because I am not confident of even a draw.

Even if Arsenal lose 2-1 but show a bit of fight, that will be a improvement from what Arsenal were doing for the last few seasons when that French incompetent fool was in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearing the first team played a full game Monday against Palace first team. WTF!!

The era of the slacking is well and truly over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    If Torreira could only play 20 minutes last week, he won't be fit enough for 90, just six days later will he.

I just want to see a bit of fight and a bit of resilience because I am not confident of even a draw.

Even if Arsenal lose 2-1 but show a bit of fight, that will be a improvement from what Arsenal were doing for the last few seasons when that French incompetent fool was in charge.
    We'll see. It isn't a precise science and we aren't privy to the decisive factors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Isnt the keepers main purpose to make saves though.... which is what Cech did. Leno is only 26 so still has plenty of time, this might be good to allow him to settle into England and see what the football is like. would Leno made any difference to the result against City. No. Would he make any difference to the Chelsea result .... probably not.

Anyway on the Chelsea game, I think we can draw this. We have more fire power up front but the chavs have a better central midfield although 2 of the parts are quite new. they have the best player in Hazard but are suspect as centre back (which obviously we are a little too).

I can see Iwobi playing wide left although Welbeck could be used to press, chase and harry the defence and keeper with good affect. Don't think we need both Ozil and Mukhi to start.
    1-1
    Saving the ball with your hands should be first priority for any keeper. I'm pretty sure the first mistake this keeper makes, it will be pounced on and the price tag will be the stick used to beat him with. He had a rough season last year in Germany. He may need some protection until he gets his confidence back. Doesn't seem wise to drop him in a high pressure situation because I'm certain the barage of cristism won't stop and he'll never get the support.