Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
Like you I don't expect him to change much.

Came across this just now from Stillman....

https://arseblog.com/2018/08/laca-balance-auba-under/

In fact, most of Arsenal’s squad is unbalanced, but the forward line has a lot of individual quality and players in their prime which ought to reduce the impact. I still think that this squad is most suited to a back 3 given the lack of dominant centre halves and natural wide players. Arsenal have a top class number 8, a world class number 10 and two good strikers, all of whom could be well accommodated in a 3412 system.

He mentioned something in the link article that I hadn't thought much about which is the interchange of the full backs with the forwards in wide positions. Bellerin could be left without an option but this is where the front 3 can be fluid in their movement and combination play with a solid base behind.

Anyway I'd play....

-------------Cech-------------

------Mav--Mus---Sok--------

Bell---Ramsey---Tor---Monreal

-------------Ozil----------------

--------Laca----Auba----------

But I think he will play...

Cech
Bellerin
Mustafi
Sokratis
Litch/Mon
Torreira
Guenouzi
Ramsey (if fit)
Ozil
Auba
Laca
Yes, I caught that article this morning. After buying Aubameyang and playing three at the back, I don't know why Wenger didn't make a slight adjustment and just play that formation. Instead of one up front, flip the triangle and play two with Ozil behind strikers. Three players in their preferred positions. Sorted.

I don't think Emery has played a three at the back formation so I just don't see him doing it. I don't think he has a record of playing various shapes