User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea V Arsenal Saturday 18 August 17:30 kick off BST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chelsea V Arsenal Saturday 18 August 17:30 kick off BST

Under Wenger, going into these big away games was a scary thought, especially from 2012-2018 but with Emery there is hope and its all new, we dont really know what to expect which makes it a bit more interesting.

Anyway, i think Chelsea are a very good side and if Sarri can have his playing style drilled into them, they will be a force again.

I would swap Xhaka for Torreira, Ramsay for Laca and play an attacking but balanced line up.

Cech
    Bellerin
    Mustafi
    Sokratis
    Nacho (hes in full training) or Leich
    Guendouzi
    Torreira
    Ozil
    Mkhi
    Auba
    Lacazette

1-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking forward to seeing what lessons Emery has learnt from last weekend.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Under Wenger, going into these big away games was a scary thought, especially from 2012-2018 but with Emery there is hope and its all new, we dont really know what to expect which makes it a bit more interesting.

Anyway, i think Chelsea are a very good side and if Sarri can have his playing style drilled into them, they will be a force again.

I would swap Xhaka for Torreira, Ramsay for Laca and play an attacking but balanced line up.

Cech
    Bellerin
    Mustafi
    Sokratis
    Nacho (hes in full training) or Leich
    Guendouzi
    Torreira
    Ozil
    Mkhi
    Auba
    Lacazette

1-1.
    I would do basically this but I'd keep Ramsey in. Mkhi makes way for Lacashite.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kickoff is at 5.30, btw.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AMN is out for 2 months with a fractured leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested to see what Emery will do here and whether he has learnt his lesson too.

If Xhaka starts we'll lose, so I sincerely hope he doesn't play.

Lacazette has to play as well as Leno.

Hard game this one, Chelsea have some worldies, just wish we'd bought a genuine winger, the lack of one is a real hindrance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't really know what to expect from this. I think it will probably be a conservative performance, it's too early to expect us to approach these kind of games with some new found bravery and confidence.

I'd take a draw if offered.

1-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Don't really know what to expect from this. I think it will probably be a conservative performance, it's too early to expect us to approach these kind of games with some new found bravery and confidence.

I'd take a draw if offered.

1-1.
    Reading Emery's press conference, i'm a bit concerned - first of all he seems to say he'll start with Cech, also there's one or two mentions of sticking to the plan, which presumably is this thing of playing out from the back - i'm actually a big fan of that in general, it's really annoying when the goalie keeps kicking it aimlessly upfield, but as others have pointed out, there's a balance to be struck and City started to pin us down in the last match - i hope Emery realises that and encourages a more flexible approach

And if Torreira and Laca are on the bench again i'll not be happy ...

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Kickoff is at 5.30, btw.
    Amended the OP.

On the match itself, oh fuck this shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect Cech to start as Emery has sad he will....and expect us to play out from the back. He isn't going to chop and change because we played a decent team.