User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can accept the defeat, realistically we weren't expecting to get anything more than a draw. What I can't accept is that horrendous lineup persisting with players like Xhaka which Emery seems to like despite having zero talent, the minute I saw the lineup I knew for sure we'd lose.

Chelsea deserved to win based on the whole game, but it's worth noting Sarri hasn't been in charge long at all, much less time than Emery so he's hardly settled in either, I'm not convinced we can get top 4, not if Emery refuses to learn lessons from previous games.

Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Spurs and Chelsea are probably all better than us to have to outdo two of those to get into the top 4 based on our summer dealings is unrealistic, we really haven't brought in enough quality.

The next game should be an easy win as West Ham are dreadful so that won't really be much of a measure of anything if we win (or indeed relegation candidates Cardiff or Newcastle), inthe same way these two games aren't a measure of much, games against the likes of Everton our reals rivals will mean more.
    Last edited by Özim; 19-08-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only just seen the highlights. Great showing from the world's most expensive goalkeeper.

We should have won that game from the looks of the chances we missed. Ozil should havs put us in the lead, Aubameyang should have definitely equalised, he missed two sitters, so did Mkhitaryan. Mkhitaryan looked to have had a good game! Progress at least.

Ozil and Xhaka should be shown the door. Ramsey as well.

But on we go. I'll be disappointed if I see Xhaka staring another game for us this month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    watched the game this morning, Auba's miss was followed with Chelsea scoring their second goal. We cut through Chelsea in the first half and could have had 4 or 5 but sloppiness has cost us. In the 2nd half Chelsea took control.

Luckily our next 3 games are against teams either shambolicly run or invest less than we do. So we should be putting together 3 wins in a row and that will build confidence.

Xhaka is awful, he does not add anything in the slightest to the team. I can only presume that in training he is incredible but in the games he is useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Only just seen the highlights. Great showing from the world's most expensive goalkeeper.

We should have won that game from the looks of the chances we missed. Ozil should havs put us in the lead, Aubameyang should have definitely equalised, he missed two sitters, so did Mkhitaryan. Mkhitaryan looked to have had a good game! Progress at least.

Ozil and Xhaka should be shown the door. Ramsey as well.

But on we go. I'll be disappointed if I see Xhaka staring another game for us this month.
    Mhiki was awful for about 40 mins until he scored and assisted out of nowhere. Missed a sitter and was defensively a liability all game, leaving Bellerin 2 on 1 constantly.

I stand by view he and Ozil cannot both start against a top 6 side. Based on yesterday though Ozil should be the one to drop. 15 completed passes is embarrassing.

Defensively we're still a shambles. I think we'll really struggle to break into Champions League. How many chances will Xhaka and Mustafi Have? Would rather see Torreira and of the young centre backs get a string of games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil and the money he is on, is a luxury we cannot afford. Xhaka is not up to it, needs to be sold. The Greek bloke and Mustafi are accidents waiting to happen. The summer recruitment is being exposed, and it certainly wasn’t what was required. Stan owning the club oughtright has come at the worst possible time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Xhaka is awful, he does not add anything in the slightest to the team. I can only presume that in training he is incredible but in the games he is useless.
    I was thinking the same about Xhaka and why he gets picked, remember Ivan and co decided to award him a new contract in the summer so my guess is Emery needs to be seen to give him a chance before he can defend a decision to drop him altogether, plus torreira has apparently been getting back to fitness

Hopefully Emery now will feel, after subbing Xhaka in the first match and bringing him off at HT in the second that he can drop him altogether amd make Torreira the default in the DM position.

Cech will take longer to replace - i was listening to the post-Man C Arseblog podcast and they said there was talk that Leno wasn't doing that well in training so isn't currently making the case to replace Cech, but no doubt we'll see him get starts in EL and Lge Cup games. Arseblog also rightly say we should have sold Ramsey while we could get a decent price for him, a real mess-up by the club

Elsewhere, we really need to start with Laca for Ozil in the W Ham game, and lastly, I think Guendouzi will come good, still young and chucked in at the deep end in his first two games but i think he could turn out to be an excellent player over time
    Last edited by Mac76; 19-08-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don’t think that’s how the league table works
    No.

It generally gets bought by Russian oligarchs or repressive Middle Eastern countries.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was disappointing how open we were again. Xhaka really exposes our back line because he just hovers in the most pointless positions without doing anything. He doesn't put any pressure on the opponent's midfielders so they always have space to turn and play a pass through to their strikers. Torreira did okay when he came on, but he made a couple of silly mistakes and looked a bit off the pace. Still, our midfield looked a lot better with him there so hopefully he'll start from now on.

Mustafi and Sokratis struggled with the high line. Bellerin was arguably the worst player on the pitch. When Hazard got subbed on he was either too tired to defend properly or just gave up. He really needs to get his act together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Cech will take longer to replace - i was listening to the post-Man C Arseblog podcast and they said there was talk that Leno wasn't doing that well in training so isn't currently making the case to replace Cech, but no doubt we'll see him get starts in EL and Lge Cup games.
    I don't listen to any of these podcasts, but how would Arseblog know how Leno (or any other player for that matter) was doing in training?

If it is true it's disappointing but I'm happy with Cech at the moment. As long as we don't try to force him to overplay the ball because that's not his game and never will be. He didn't do it against Chelsea which is a good sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen a clip of our second goal. Build up play all the way from the keeper to end up with a Iwobi finish, Mkhitaryan finish.

Iwobi looked good too the little I saw. May it continue.

Patience is needed. Look at it this way. Last week we looked nervy as hell playing out from deep, this week, we score a cracking goal away from home against Chelsea.

Oh, the sitter that Auba missed, did everyone see that splitting pass Guendouzi played to Mkhitaryan? What a pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way more encouraging than what we saw last week at least. Fluffed our lines when it mattered and that's what separates us from the best teams but we did play some nice stuff at times, which isn't much consolation I know.

It was an unfortunate opening 2 fixtures to have and it's disappointing to come out of them with no points but these fixtures could have been at any point in the season and we still would have been very unlikely to win them purely because we're not a great team and very much a work in progress.

I hope Emery is ruthless enough to weed out those who let him down the most, rather than stubbornly persist with them. That's what will endear him to the fans the most and buy him enough time to have a fair crack at making us decent again. Needless to say we really need to be looking at maximum points from the next few games against the teams we "should" be beating.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 19-08-2018 at 01:47 PM.