User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Just seen a clip of our second goal. Build up play all the way from the keeper to end up with a Iwobi finish, Mkhitaryan finish.

Iwobi looked good too the little I saw. May it continue.

Patience is needed. Look at it this way. Last week we looked nervy as hell playing out from deep, this week, we score a cracking goal away from home against Chelsea.

Oh, the sitter that Auba missed, did everyone see that splitting pass Guendouzi played to Mkhitaryan? What a pass.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/elxwda

The kid is a gem.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Positives, we scored and Monreal is back! Like him or think he's on the scrap heap, he took the ball by the scruff on the neck when Willian dithered. We scored at least. We could have had more goals, such bad misses.
    There is playing a high line and there's suicide, for their second goal our defence was stuck on the half way line!!!
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 19-08-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering Xhaka has been hauled off twice now, I don't think it will be long before Torreira is given a run of games. Pair him up with Guendouzi and that should offer up a fresh balance in the centre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    That's the one. I really like this kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Positives, we scored and Monreal is back! Like him or think he's on the scrap heap, he took the ball by the scruff on the neck when Willian dithered. We scored at least. We could have had more goals, such bad misses.
    There is playing a high line and there's suicide, for their second goal our defence was stuck on the half way line!!!
    I was thinking on the second goal that that action could be replayed a million times and we'd be in trouble most of the time. Why do we have 3 young CB's if none of them are ever going to play. I wish we would integrate Mav in if we insist on playing high lines often....but then again I think we should be playing 3Cb's anyway....though it's not Emery's forte and it really needs to be coached properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I really like him too. It's refreshing to see someone who is not afraid to try things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Considering Xhaka has been hauled off twice now, I don't think it will be long before Torreira is given a run of games. Pair him up with Guendouzi and that should offer up a fresh balance in the centre.
    I think he might give the same players one more try - one bad performance could just be a bad day, and even two could be a rare fluke occurance. But three in a row? I think he’ll then be looking at some of these players and thinking there’s a problem there that won’t just go away with perseverance. (He’ll also have enough evidence on his side to justify dropping anyone he sees fit without losing the dressing room.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Yeah I really like him too. It's refreshing to see someone who is not afraid to try things.
    He’s been the unexpected bonus of the summer so far - if Torreira turns out to be the same player he was for Sampdoria and Uruguay then we’ve got the foundations of a really good, young midfield there. Gutted we lost AMN so early - would love to see us build around those three in the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think as I expected....Guendouzi learnt from the first game and actually allowed it to improve what he did yesterday. Always a good sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I was thinking on the second goal that that action could be replayed a million times and we'd be in trouble most of the time. Why do we have 3 young CB's if none of them are ever going to play. I wish we would integrate Mav in if we insist on playing high lines often....but then again I think we should be playing 3Cb's anyway....though it's not Emery's forte and it really needs to be coached properly.
    Yeah, me too - with Monreal and Lichtsteiner as options, we can easily bracket these young CBs with plenty of experience to guide them along.

I’m actually quite up for giving a fair few of these younger players a chance. I half suspect Emery will find them easier to work with anyway - less bad habits to coach out of them, and probably more blind faith acceptance of what he’s preaching.